Friday 15 January 2016

Din Tai Fung, World Square, CBD Sydney

BAAAAA said the dessert at Din Tai Fung.


For several years, Din Tai Fung has been known for having the best dumplings (Xiao Long Bao) in Sydney. I have visited the food court version of Din Tai Fung several times but decide to go to the restaurant for the full experience. It's zomato rating of 4.2 / 5 based on over 2000 votes speaks for itself.

I often crave the pork and prawn chili dumplings ($10.80, below for 6 pieces). The dumplings sit in a sea of spicy chili that is also mildly sweet. It's my favourite dish because the flavours explode in your mouth. This is a most order dish.



Steamed soup dumplings (above, $12.80 for 8 pieces) also known as Xiao Long Bao is what Din Tai Fung is known for. It's the combination of the thin skin, beautifully prepared pork and soup that is mixed with a mix of vinegar and soy sauce. I eat them in one bite so the soup explodes in my mouth.

The Cha Jiang Noodles with pork mince is a savoury and mild noodle dish. The noodles are quite filling and this is a staple noodle dish which I regularly order (below, $13.80). There is a small amount of pork in this dish as the noodles dominate.



I had never tried the Kung Pao chicken cashew noodles (above, $16.80). It was flavoursome and mildly chili. For a special treat, I had the spring special of chocolate filled lamb buns ($3.80 each, below). This is a limited edition treat that ends in November.

Overall, I had a great experience at Din Tai Fung. It reminds me how superior Din Tai Fung is. I love it.

Prices: $45-55 per head

Location: Upstairs in World Square, Sydney CBD, 680 George st


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 10/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value: 7/10


\Din Tai Fung Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment