Wednesday 13 January 2016

Pho Toan Thang, Homebush

I love a good bowl of Pho. Vietnamese serves up it's finest cheap and cheerful meal in Homebush.
My friend recommended Pho Toan Thang for a quick lunch in Homebush. It's a cheap and cheerful restaurant with lots of tables crammed full of customers.  I suggest you get there a bit early or expect a wait.There is complimentary tea which is common in Vietnamese restaurants.

I love a good bowl of Pho, so does my friend so we both ordered the Pho of noodle soup with raw beef ($9.50, top photo). I topped my pho with thai basil, chili sauce and a touch of lemon juice. The broth is beautiful, with depth of meaty flavours. The noodles are soft, long and soak up the broth. The beef slowly cooks in the broth which I like. A definite recommend.



We came back a second time and I suggested ordering some different dishes. Something a bit lighter.  We decide to order and share some food. We ordered the above, beef with vermicelli salad ($10). The beef was flavoursome, a little bit crunchy and mixed well with the vermicelli salad. The Banh Cuon Cha Lua ($10) consists of soft rice noodle pillows, salad and pork sausage.  It was a much lighter meal. I'd order both again but I think the stunner is the Pho.

I enjoyed all the dishes and can understand why this place is popular.

Prices: $10ish per head

Location: 90/95 The Crescent, Homebush West NSW 2140


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 8/10


Pho Toan Thang Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment