Saturday 30 January 2016

Frango's, Petersham

Frango's in Petersham is known for their charcoal chicken!
I've heard good feedback on Frango's and looked forward to checking out their charcoal chicken and famous peri peri sauce. The front of the shop looks like a humble chicken shop but they actually have a lot of seating downstairs and upstairs.

I order their famous chicken half size ($11, top photo). The chicken has been marinated and arrives cut up.  The chicken comes with peri peri sauce and is nice to eat; moist and marinated as you expect for Portguese chicken. The sauce is the winner of this dish.

I also order the home style chips (small for $8). The hand cut chips are all odd shaped and resemble more like baked potato than fried chips but they are nice and wholesome. They probably need a bit of salt for seasoning but those who like healthier chips will appreciate this.


I also ordered the small garden salad ($7.50, below) which is a nice salad of tomato, capsicum, cucumber, onion, lettuce and oregano sprinkled on top. It was just a healthier side which made me feel less guilty.

Overall I enjoyed Frango's. I liked the peri peri sauce and their chicken is a notch above the average chicken corner shop. It's probably a bit dearer than your average chicken shop but worth it. I'd probably order the french fries next time and I'd love to come back to try their burgers. When I dined upstairs, I also got complimentary bread which was nice.

Prices: $20-30 per head

Location: 98 Canterbury Rd, Petersham


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


Frango's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment