Monday 16 May 2016

El Jannah, Granville


El Jannah is famous in Sydney for having the most delicious charcoal chicken accompanied with garlic sauce and pickles. It originated in Granville which has stiff competition.
El Jannah has gained a lot of popularity over the years and has since morphed into a chain across Sydney. I have been to their competition at Hawa which is delicious. El Jannah however is the joint that where people travel vast distances to eat.


The decore resembles a fast food chain and there is a bit of a line to order as I enter early at 11:30am on a Saturday.



I peer into take away glass and check out the chicken as well as the mountains of garlic sauce and other condiments. I am hungry!






I order the half chicken which comes with garlic sauce, pickles and lebanese bread ($10.50). This is a portion that is easily shared for two people.  As I am a massive chip lover, I also order a small chips for $5. So overall, this makes for a meal that is reasonably cheap and cheerful.








Highlights: My experience definitely lived up to the reputation. The chicken is flavoursome and is a perfect partner to the garlic sauce with pickles. I love dipping the chips into the garlic sauces as well. The chips are well cooked, crunchy and seasoned. This meal can get quite addictive and I often crave this flavour combination! I love this place.

Suggested Improvements: The line up is a bit confusing with people everywhere! I can only imagine what this is like when it's peak lunch time. I assume they have staff directing people where the line is when its super busy.


Price: $10-15 per person

Location: 4 South St, Granville. Right near the station so catch the train or park nearby at the station parking.


Opening Hours: 10 am to 12 pm daily



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out!! This is highly recommended.
Food: 10/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 5/10
Atmosphere: 6/10
Value: 8/10




El Jannah Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Glebe
    End of lease cleaning Randwick
    End of lease cleaning Potts point

    ReplyDelete