Tuesday 31 May 2016

O Bar and Dining, Sydney - Vivid Festival



The Vivid Festival is now on until 18 June. I wanted the best views but also to avoid the crowds and the cold weather. For 360 degree rotating views, bring your camera to O Bar and Dining.

For the best views and to guarantee a seat, I recommend you make a booking at O Bar and Dining, up on level 47 of Australia Square. You may want to stop by and check out their bar area with up-market snacks and cocktails. For a more complete experience with a bit of posh dining then come by for dinner.


To start off, I check out the bar. I saw that O Bar and Dining have a special when you and a friend order the Vivid iIluminate cocktail and you get a free tapas dish. The tapas dish that was complimentary is below. Oohhh the cocktail glows.


I was hungry a bit peckish so I also ordered some skewers from their robata grill menu. The wagyu beef rib fingers (bottom left, $18 for 2) were really sticky and marinated. My partner loved them. I really liked the miso salmon ($15 for 2) that was drenched in a thick rich sauce which matched the salmon. The bar menu is more up-market and refined so don't expect any pub wedges.


As the view was slowly rotating around, there were some gorgeous shots of the Vivid light festival over the Opera House. I zoom in my camera and got some gorgeous photos. The colours light up my senses along with my tastebuds (below). 




I decide to move from the bar area to the dining area.

As I walk through the rotating O Bar and Dining, I notice the beautiful light fixtures they have in the restaurant area. 

Some of the staff have really cool lit up shoes as well. It's pretty funky.



For dinner, you can opt for 2 courses for $90 or 3 courses for $115. You must order dessert....

To start off, I have some crunchy lavosh bread with butter (above). For entree I try the dry aged beef tataki, with artichoke, mushrooms, confit yolk and wild rice. There's a crunchy texture along with the softer textures of mushroom, artichoke and yolk.  



What a view of the harbour bridge! I love scallops. Below are the Scallops with smoked pastrami (meat at the front), creamed labneh, sticky mustard eggplant and salted black barley. I've never had eggplant before with scallops and it's surprisingly a great combination. Highly recommended!!

I enjoy some lovely wine to match the food as well. The one block chardonnay from the Yarra Valley was really tasty. I find chardonnay a bit sharp and harsh at times but the one block was very refreshing. It's also about having proper wine glasses which O Bar and Dining had!



For mains, I had the pasture raised lamb (above) with sheep's curd, sprouted grains and whey. The lamb is perfectly cooked medium-rare and melts in your mouth. The green pea puree also adds a nice creamy texture that goes so well with lamb. The lamb is very homely.

Duck lovers will enjoy the perfectly cooked Duckling (below) with warm brassica salad, smoked almonds, salt and milk paste and fermented Japanese radish.  The torbeck juveniles 2014 wine was a lovely red to compliment the lamb and the duck. 


I also order some sides. Sides ($10 each) were puree sweet potato and carrot topped with feta and freekah. I love the smooth textures of the puree with the crunchy textures on top. The shaved cabbage, date honey dressing, pinenuts and parmsean is best described as a refined and posh coleslaw.




For a dessert orgasm, I recommend you order the plate of chocolate textures. Chocolate everything. Chocolate mousse, chocolate ice cream, chocolate crackle, chocolate bits and chocolate square. Ohhhh yeahhh. Highly recommended. What a perfect way to finish the meal. You cannot miss out on this dessert.

So come and visit O Bar and Dining during Vivid for gorgeous views as well as delicious food. Bring a decent camera and your appetite. 

Price: 2 courses for $90 or 3 courses for $115 for dinner. Bar food is about $15-18 off the robota grill. 

Location: level 47, 264 George St, Sydney on top of Australia Square. Near Wynyard Station. 



Opening Hours: 5pm to 10:30pm or later on Friday and Saturday nights.





O Bar and Dining Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekendfoodescapes dined as a guest of Buzz Group. All photos, words and opinions are my own

3 comments:

  1. This article is so incredible! Much obliged to you for sharing this great data. I enjoyed the manner in which you exhibited your data. End of lease clean Sydney | Cleaning End of lease | End of lease cleanersI appreciate perusing this blog which incorporates bunches of supportive data its exceptionally intriguing and amazing. Thank you for sharing this awesome information.End of lease cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    carpet steam cleaning Zetland
    carpet steam cleaning Alexandria
    End of lease cleaning Surry hills

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...very nice. is this festival celebrate every year? By the way, Bars and pubs can be found everywhere in Australia. There are some places in Australia that offer both options in one single venue.

    Greensborough Pub

    ReplyDelete