Monday 1 October 2018

Churrasco, Coogee


Matt loves Churrasco. We head to Churrasco in Coogee for a nice meaty lunch. For those who don't know what Churrasco is, it's a South American term referring to lots of grilled meat! For $43 you can have unlimited barbeque meats, salads, vegetables and sides.


Churrasco is located right by the beach and has long slender tables. I like the fairy lights that hang from the ceiling.



Churrasco has a drinks menu which I have a look at. I order a Exotic Caipirinha ($14) which is Brazil's national cocktail with a churrasco twist. You can choose the option of various flavours with this cocktail so from the recommendation of the staff, I opt for Strawberry and Lychee. The Caipirinha is based on a sugar based liquor so the cocktail is naturally sweet and I enjoy the fresh lychees and strawberries that are muddled into the drink. Matt orders a Calyse ($18) which has a mix of passion fruit, apersol, passionfruit juice, strawberry and orange. It's a tropical cocktail with sweet tones from the passionfruit and is  mildly tangy.


Churrasco has a series of sides including baked potato, tomato rice and two sauces. The first sauce is the Chimmi Churri sauce which is a mix of Argentinan herbs and spices blended with garlic. The second is a tangy vinaigrette with a tomato salsa with olive oil and vinegar. There's also a small bowl of fries.  I like the sides, the chimmi churri sauce is delicious. The baked potato has a generous amount of cream and cheese which adds the moreish flavours. 



The first dish that starts off the feast is chorizo. There's two options of a pork chorizo and a chicken chorizo. The chorizo is tasty and Matt's happy. There's also a salad with lettuce with parmesan cheese.






The next two dishes are red meat which is what I'm looking forward to. There's the rump steak and also the black pepper rump steak. Both cuts of meat are perfectly cooked with a bright shade of pink. The meat is additionally tasty with the chimmi churri sauce.



The next dishes include chicken thigh which is also followed by chicken wrapped in bacon. Matt comments on how tasty the bacon tastes. Matt feasts on these delicious cuts. He tells me the chicken is perfectly cooked and is tasty. I've had enough chicken and want to focus on the beef dishes.

The rocket salad was really tasty so I'd recommend saying Yes to this one. It had a nice balsamic vinegar and parmesan dressing which is a nice contrast to the red meat.




The pepper rump steak is hard to resist and I say yes to a second serving. I also say yes to coleslaw salad which is really creamy.



The cheese bread also comes around and I say yes because I can't resist the cheesey bread. By this time I also manage to finish the fries along with the cuts of meat. I get a second serving of fries. There's a huge mountain of brisket. WOW! Although I'm getting quite full, I say yes and Matt enthusiastically nods. The brisket is smokey and delicious.



The final dishes which Matt feasts on include the pork belly and beef ribs from the smoker. Matt is getting full by this stage but he's happy so he continues eating halloumi and we finish with some banana fritters.





Summary: Overall, I had a really great experience at Churrasco. The pace of food at lunch time Sunday was perfect, there were lots of choices and sides. The food was delicious.  I'd highly recommend if you like meat.

Price: $43 pp 


Location: 240 Coogee Bay Rd, Coogee


Opening Hours: 

6pm to 10pm Monday to Saturday
12pm to 10pm Sunday


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Churrasco Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment