Wednesday 17 October 2018

Radley's, Sydney CBD


Radley's is now open at Met Centre in Sydney CBD near Wynyard. If you haven't heard of Radley's, their original store is in Chatswood and they are well known for their chicken. I stop by after work to check out their latest venue.
As you enter, you'll see a giant bar. This will get you thirsty for a cocktail or beer! I stop by with my foodie friends from Does My Bomb Look Big in This (Jackie and Craig). It's been some time since I had my favourite cocktail so I wasn't able to resist and I order a Cosmopolitan ($15) which is vodka, triple sec, cranberry and lime while Matt orders a Moscow Mule ($15) vodka, spicy ginger beer and lime. The cocktails are quite well priced compared to some of the other bars located in the city. I sip on my cosmopolitan and let the flavours wash over me as I sit back and relax.



Radley's in Metcentre has a new menu and I'm eager to try a few dishes along with my booze. The first are these delicious Halloumi Chips ($10). Can I confess that I am completely addicted to these chips which are served up with the tomato chilli chutney.The Halloumi is lightly battered into a salty, cheesey chip and I eat most of this dish, sharing a few here and there with my fellow foodie friends. I highly recommend.






What else will go well with my cocktail? Radley's also has other fries as options including potato fries, sweet potato fries or you can also go get corn chips with guac/salsa. The sweet potato fries ($8.50) are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and go well with the sweet chilli sauce with sour cream. It's a winning combination. I almost trick myself into thinking i'm being healthier by eating the sweet potato fries.

The next dish, they are experimenting with so I'm not sure if it's on the menu but you could always ask. It's a Mac and Cheese shared plate with Crispy buttermilk chicken. This dish is definitely one to share as the mac and cheese is quite rich but I do enjoy the cheesey texture with the fried chicken. Would you order this dish on the menu?




Radley's also has beers so Matt orders a Byron Bay  Brewery Hazy One Pale Lager ($7 for Schooner or $9 for Pint). I go for another cocktail, this time a tasty Margarita ($15). You can choose your Margarita to be frozen or straight up. I immediately choose straight up. I sip on the mixture of tequila, triple sec and fresh lime with salt on the edge of the cocktail glass. I love it. 



Radley's also has platters which are great for sharing. I'd recommend ordering the Radley's Platter ($50, serves 4). The platter includes char grilled beef tacos, crispy kim chi sliders, nachos and a big serving of fries. The platter is good for value and for 4 people. I've had the kim chi sliders before in Chatswood and they were my favourite so I immediately go in for a slider. They are delicious as I remember them, the tangy and spicy kim chi in contrast to that crunchy buttermilk chicken. It's a winner.  Matt goes for a taco first up and immediately comments on how tasty the grilled beef is. He's really happy and really enjoys the taco.





The chips are crispy and while I've eaten a lot of Halloumi Chips and Sweet potato chips, I continue to indulge in the original potato chips along with some of the crunchy nacho chips into that guac. Delicious and all my senses between my cocktail and the platter have peaked. I think i'm mildly tipsy. 


Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my cocktails and food at Radley's. My favourite dishes were the halloumi fries and that huge platter. The burgers are pretty good too, my favourite is would be those chicken burgers but i've had the beef before and it was good too. I will be a regular as I work nearby and recommend to all my fries.

I would recommend getting take away at lunch as it can get quite busy so it might be hard to get a table.

Price: Most dishes are $12ish so very reasonably priced


Location: Level 2, MetCentre (enter via escalator)


Opening Hours: 

Monday and Tuesday 8am to 8pm
Wed, Thurs and Friday 8am to 10pm






Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Radley's Rotisserie Chicken & Burgers Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment