Saturday 27 October 2018

Restaurant Plage, Cremorne


Restaurant Plage is a hidden gem despite getting a hat from the Australian Good Food Guide in 2018. Restaurant Plage is fine dining quality food in a casual setting and at a reasonable price point. I'm a big fan of Restaurant Plage. 
Matt and I come back to Restaurant Plage to see what's the latest on their menu. Restaurant Plage has a wine menu but there's also a few cocktails to choose from. Matt and I share this strawberry gin based cocktail. It's very refreshing.



I begin the meal with the Aburi Scallops ($10, 2 pcs) with a uni sea urchin butter and buckwheat. The buttery scallops are absolutely delicious with light caramel tones. The little orange fish roe pops in your mouth. I lick the buttery sauce once I've finished the scallops. What a great way to start the meal.



I also try the Hiramasa Kingfish with jerusalem artichoke, mandarin and truffle emulsion. This dish is perfection with the fresh kingfish sashimi, that delicious and flavoursome truffle emulsion dictates and the crunchy jerusalem really brings all the components together. This dish is just perfect from a flavour and textural perspective. I am in love. I highly recommend.






For the vegetarians, there's the Eggplant ($18) with kale, cauliflower and tamarind. The crispy kale sits on the top of the softly braised eggplant. The cauliflower is slightly crunchy and sits on the tamarind sauce. The flavour combination is quite rich and would match a nice crisp white wine.



I also have the Kestrel Potato Gnocchi ($16 for entree size or $29 for main) with black onion and truffle butter. The gnocchi is light, fluffy and quite thick. It's pan fried so you have a nice crunchy side. I also eat the asparagus but the gnocchi is very addictive.



The chicken Hazeldenes chicken breast ($30) with spring vege emulsion, savoy cabbage, porcini and jus is next. The chicken breast is presented in a sleek, clean and simple way. The cabbage is smokey and crunchy texturally. 



For dessert, we start with the Mango Ravioli with Coconut ($14). The mango ravioli encases a fermented mango with caramelised milk and macadamia. The caramelised milk is incredibly sweet and is balanced out with the coconut snow. Matt devours this dessert.



I prefer the Apple Tart ($15) which has a wattle seed ice cream, blackberry, salted sable. The apple is slow cooked and is soft. I enjoy the relatively neutral tasting wattle seed ice cream. Delicious.



Summary: Overall, I had another wonderful meal at Restaurant Plage.  My favourite dishes were the entree dishes of the Aburi Scallop and the Hiramasa Kingfish. That Kingfish dish was amazing and was absolute perfection.

Matt really enjoyed the gnnocchi and the dessert. I'd highly recommend. You should also know they now have a kids menu. I'd recommend stopping by for lunch on the weekend with the kiddies. Otherwise you will definitely need to book for a Friday or Saturday night.

Price: Most mains $31-34


Location: 8/255 Military Rd, Cremorne


Opening Hours: 

Monday 6pm to 11pm
Closed Tuesday
Wednesday to Friday 6pm to 11pm
Saturday and Sunday 12pm to 3pm, 6pm to 11pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Restaurant Plage Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment: