Saturday 6 October 2018

Echo on the Marina, Roseville


Echo on the Marina is a little piece of serenity in Roseville. There's no way I would of found this place without recommendation from my fellow foodies. As I descend on a series of stairs, I can see the great view.




I ponder what life would be like if I had a boat or maybe I could buy a kayak. 

I sip on some sparkling water while Matt sips on still. Matt doesn't like sparkling water which often results in two bottles of water on the table. I personally love the little bit of fizz and lift it brings to the mouth. I then look at the menu. The staff are busy running around and I put my hand up to signal I'm ready to order.  I order a chocolate milkshake ($7) as I'm craving some creamy chocolate textures. It's served up in an old school container. It's got a nice hit of that chocolate topping taste that you might remember from your childhood.




For entree, Matt orders the Grilled Marinated Wagyu ($22) which has wild mixed mushrooms, crispy fried lotus roots, and a light wasabi soy sauce.  The dish looks like roast beef. I think Matt was expecting something else in his head. The mixed mushrooms are a nice surprise with multiple textures brought together with that soy sauce. I like the crunchy lotus root chips as they add the crunchy element. I order the House Made Salt and Pepper Calamari ($20). The calamari has a delicious light crumb and is really enjoyable to eat. I quickly gobble up the biteful mouthfuls of the light and crispy calamari pieces. Matt has entree envy on this occasion. 











 

For mains, I order the Angel Hair Marinara ($32) which has crab, prawn, mussels, calamari, fish with tomato, chilli, garlic and a basil sauce. The pasta is served up and I feel impatient about taking photos before I eat. The angel hair pasta has a strong tomato, crab and seafood flavour. I also enjoy the lighter texture of the pasta which is generally when the pasta has been freshly made. I enjoy the prawn, calamari and mussels in this dish. I highly recommend.

Matt orders the Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon ($32)  which is also served up with garlic infused seasonal vegetables with lemon-herb butter. The salmon is well cooked and is slightly crunchy on top and the outside. The salmon is cooked well done on the inside as well. This is a nice dish to expectation as we look onto the waterview.
 




The day is gorgeous so we also eat some dessert. We start with the Oscar Torte ($13)  whcih is a flourless chocolate hazlenut cake covered with dark chocolate ganache. You can also choose cream or ice cream to be served with dessert. That Oscar Torte is basically what every chocolate lover wants for dessert. A moist, rich cake drowned in chocolate sauce. Yes please. Matt devours this cake.

We also order the cheesecake of the week which is a New York lemon cheesecake ($13). I love a western cheesecake because it's a dense cake v.s those fluffy Asian cheesecakes. There's a nice biscuit base for crunchy texture and the top is adds additional sweetness to the dessert. I actually think dessert has been the best course!




Summary: Overall I enjoyed my lunch at Echo on the Marina. It's so nice siting out there, looking at the water while enjoying food. The highlight for me has to be dessert - followed by the angel hair pasta and calamari. Why not check it out if you are wanting a nice cafe lunch by the water

Price: Mains will cost about $30-35


Location: 15 Normac Rd, Roseville Chase


Opening Hours: 

Closed Monday and Tuesday
Wednesday to Sunday 8am to 4pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own. Thanks to Food Shot and Spooning Australia


Echo on the Marina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment