Sunday 14 October 2018

Sushi Kaido, Chatswood


Sushi Kaido is located in Chatswood and is a small sushi train. The staff are super friendly and attentive which I immediately notice. The owner seems to hover over most of the patrons but you can tell it's because he wants to make sure all the customers are looked after. It's a good tactic to get people to order more dishes as well as he spruke the fish of the day.
It's a small sushi train but there's still quite a number of people inside. Matt and I start with a fish we haven't tried before - the Kohada Nigiri ($4.00)  has metallic silver skin. It's surprisingly subtle in that strong fish taste and quite enjoyable to eat. I notice the small amounts of wasabi which has been hidden under the fish. Have you tried this fish before?






 I also pick up some of my favourites off the sushi train. I order the Salmon Nigiri ($4.00) which taste quite fresh. The rice is tightly held together and successfully enters my mouth without incident. There's also hidden wasabi under the salmon which I quite like. Matt dislikes wasabi so he's not impressed. 

We also snack on Snapper Nigiri ($4.00) and Kingfish Nigiri ($4.00). The nigiri of snapper and kingfish are fresh and enjoyable to eat. Matt can the wasabi through the fish piece and isn't able to enjoy it as much. 








Matt and I order a few dishes that are hot. Firstly we order the Gyoza ($5) and Chicken Kaarage ($5). The gyoza are deep fried overall so they are crunchy all over and is served up with some mayo and soy sauce. I was hoping for the traditional gyoza where it's steamed at the top and crunchy at the bottom. The chicken kaarage is really on-point with moreish crunchy skin and warm chicken flesh on the inside, dipped in kewpie mayo. It's delicious.

So overall, Sushi Kaido was nice for a few sushi plates. I thought the food was fresh and well prepared. The customer service was good.The only downside is that the variety wasn't there that you'd typically get with a bigger restaurant. Matt also disliked having the wasabi under all the nigiris




Sushi Kaido Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Newtown
    End of lease cleaning Botany
    End of lease cleaning Glebe

    ReplyDelete