Sunday 28 October 2018

Marukame Udon, Chatswood


I have walked past Marukame Udon several times and kept making a mental note to check it out. So several months later, I check it out. 

Marukame Udon is located on the main strip of Chatswood and I notice the very friendly staff helping a lady with her pram to a table as she struggles to carry her food over to the table.

It reminds me of Menya Mappen whereby you choose a noodle dish from the menu and then you can get additional fried sides at the register. Then you can add the free toppings of spring onion, fried tempura and chilli flakes.


I order the Egg Bukkake Udon (medium size is $6.70). I also buy a vegetable croquette as a side. I also really load it with tempura flakes, a spoonful of spring onions and chilli flakes. I also grab a glass of water as I sit down.

The udon is really high on value for the portion size.The egg is nice and runny. The tempura flakes add for nice crunch. The udon is adequate in flavour and taste. The vegetable croquette (I think it was $3) is not pleasant to eat at all. I really regret buying it. 



Matt orders the Spicy DanDan Tonkatsu ($9.80 for medium portion). He also orders a side of vegetable tempura (I think this was $2.50 additional). The vegetable tempura is really large and he struggles to put it in the medium sized bowl. So he awkwardly picks off pieces and casually dips them into the udon bowl. 

Overall, Marukame Udon is a cheap and cheerful venue. It's high on value and average on taste. The staff are really nice



Marukame Udon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Magnificent! I am truly floored that there is such a phenomenal aggregate about this subject has and been revealed and you did it so pleasingly. I End of lease cleaning Neutral bay | End of lease cleaning Balmain am particularly captivated with this blog. It's an edifying point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Redfern
    End of lease cleaning Paddington
    End of lease cleaning Bondi

    ReplyDelete