Saturday 11 May 2019

Lot One, Potts Point


Lot One is located in Potts Point and is known for their upmarket Modern Australian food. More recently they have launched a new Autumn menu and have launched Friday night bar area where you can order cocktails and canapes. I had such a divine experience last time so I was eager to check out their new menu.

It is a Friday night and the DJ is playing some tracks, there are a few people near the bar area drinking on one side of the restaurant, the other side of the restaurant is an area for a sit down for dinner. I've been incredibly stressed recently with both work and personal components seeming into consciousness so I am keen to relax.

So a cocktail is in order! I order the Spicy Passion Margarita ($18) which has Tequila, Contreau, Passionfruit, Lime, Tabasco and Jalapeno. I am in love with this cocktail as it has salty, spicy and sour components. There are two jalapeno floating in the passionfruit flavoured drink. I lick my lips as I taste the salt on the edge of the glass. I love the contrast of all the flavours especially the spicy lingering flavours. Delicious. Recommend!  Matt orders the Peyto Lake ($18) which has Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka, Blue Curacao and Lime. The drink is bright blue and is quite a smooth and sweet cocktail. Cheers!






Matt and I share our food, starting off with the Couch Potato with crispy potato skins stuffed with Russian salad ($16). The skin is super crispy and crunchy. The Russian salad consists of a light mayonnaise with potato. It's a simple dish but tasty. 



Next up, Matt and I order the Naked Meatballs ($14) made from pork and veal and is topped with parmesan. Matt's eyes widen as he says these meatballs are amazing. I reach for a meatball and taste to see if I agree. I get a burst of flavour that I can see why they serve this naked rather than with a sauce. It's delicious. I highly recommend.

Next up is the Cauliflower Salad ($12) with roasted and raw cauliflower, walnuts, parmesan, honey mustard vinaigrette. This dish is full of texture as the raw cauliflower is crunchy, along with the walnuts while the roasted cauliflower offers a softer texture and smokey flavour. The honey mustard vinaigrette adds sweetness to balance out the flavours.



I have a confession, I am addicted to pasta. So I was eager to taste the Fettuccine Carbonara ($26) which has a 65 degree egg yolk gel, guanciale, machego and mixed pepper. The pasta is silky smooth and very light in texture. The Carbonara sauce is light but still very flavoursome. The guanciale is an Italian cured meat which has a lingering flavour throughout the sauce. This dish is not your typical Carbonara, it is stripped down of the usual heavy cream and has lighter textures. This dish is more like the sophisticated sister of the traditional dish.



Next up is the Slow cooked brisket ($38) with jus and house made pickles. This dish is over cooked and ends up quite dry but the flavours are quite nice. I also enjoy the flavour contrast from the pickles.

I've quite enjoyed my meal so far, I mostly enjoy a savoury meal but I've soon realised that the best dish of the night is yet to come. It's the Chocolate deconstructed bar ($14) and I choose Snickers and Bounty. The staff highly recommend the Snickers so I had to try this dish. 

How do I best describe this dish? It's dessert heaven! I am in absolute joy as I taste the thick, rich caramel that's encased with the nougat and biscuit base. The crispy top adds for extra crunch and the sea of peanuts adds further crunch. Holy Moly. You cannot leave Lot One without trying this Snickers deconstructed dessert. It's AMAZING.

The bounty deconstructed dessert is also very tasty with coconut and chocolate textures but it's the snickers that I'm still thinking about.



Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at Lot One at Potts Point. It's a nice venue for an up-market dinner with friends or a loved one. My favourite dishes were the Naked Meatballs, the Fettuccine Carbonara and my favourite dish of the night is the Deconstructed Snickers. I am still thinking about that dessert as I type.

Price: Seven share dishes are $88 per person


Location: 22 Rockwall Cres, Potts Point


Opening Hours: 

Closed Monday
Tuesday to Thursday 5:30pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Sunday 12pm to 3pm, 5:30pm to 9:30pm



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Lot. One Potts Point Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I value this article for the well-investigated substance and marvelous wording. I got so connected with this End of lease House cleaning | Bond back cleaning | End of lease cleaning Manly | End of lease cleaning eastern suburbs | Carpet steam cleaning Sydney that I couldn't stop examining. I am astonished by your work and skill. Much gratitude to you for such a degree. Regards,

    ReplyDelete