Monday 5 August 2019

Imperial Kitchen and Bar, Sydney (near Town Hall)

Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia
I recently had the joined a few other foodies with Marcus Reubenstein from Red Door Asia for a Chinese Banquet at the Imperial Kitchen and Bar. I am looking forward to a delicious banquet with seafood.

I love seafood, while Matt is allergic to shellfish so I will make the most of this lovely dinner as we are dining in a broader group. There are many banquet options available and I am looking forward to sampling the best of Imperial Kitchen and Bar. We are sitting in the private room where there is a private screen where you can watch movies or even sing karoake! Banquets vary from $38 (vegetarian) to $48 per person and can go up to $98 depending on what seafood you prefer. Imperial Kitchen and Bar currently have a special until 3rd September that you also get a free beer or wine per person when you order a banquet.


Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia
We start the meal with the Live Jumbo Pipis which have been wok fried with rice noodles and homemade XO sauce. I've never seen Pipis so big before. The pipis sit on a bed of thin rice noodles that are drenched in a thick XO sauce. As the Pipis are large, the pipi meat is bigger and more flavoursome.  I swirl some white wine that compliments the seafood.


The dishes are coming out one at a time in our banquet. We are all politely waiting as each person gets a small portion onto their plate.

Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia

Next up, one of my favourites is the King Prawns which have been lightly crumbed. The King Prawns have been wok fried in a salted egg yolk. Salted Egg Yolk has a sharp and salty taste and works really well in a light crumb. They are very moreish and are well seasoned which is washed down well with some wine. I recommend!


Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia


It's the Lobster which everyone is looking forward to (except for Matt who is allergic). It's a fresh Australian lobster that has been a live in the tank and has been wok fried with garlic and butter. The lobster flesh is so succulent and delicious, only with a  light coating of butter so you can really taste the natural lobster flavour. It's perfection. I'm in heaven. 

Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia

Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia

The honey chicken was also a dish I enjoyed, with a light crumb and sweet glossy texture. I can't help but go for seconds. Matt also agrees the honey chicken is quite nice and would be one of the best he has tasted. 




 The next dish is wagyu beef with mushrooms and has been stir-fried with homemade teriyaki sauce. The beef is drenched in the teriyaki sauce and goes well with the wok fried Asian greens. I also enjoy the Squid and White Bait which is deep fried with salt and pepper. I quite enjoy salt and pepper calamari particular at yum cha, in particular how the salt lingers on the tongue with the slight crunch on the exterior and softness of the squid on the inside.



 We are also treated to a special bottle of wine from the Barossa Valley which is absolutely delicious. I am highly intrigued. Matt and I could easily drink the whole bottle but it's a school night and I have to work tomorrow so I drink responsibility but the taste of the wine lingers on my tongue.



Summary: I thought all the food was really delicious and in particular my favourite seafood - prawns, lobster and salt and pepper calamari were definitely highlights. The decore was quite modern with fusions of Western and Asian styling.

The timing of the dishes and in between dishes could be improved as each dish was coming out for our table of 12 and serving a few dishes at once would have been more efficient.

Price: Banquets vary from $38 to $98 depending on which one you choose!


Location: 541 Kent st, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

11:30am to 2:30pm; 5:30pm to 11pm Daily

It's been a delicious and long night of dining so it's time for me to head off so I miss out on their special Thai Curry Soup which is served from a whole pumpkin. It looks amazing though.

Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia

Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia




Photo by Marcus Reubenstein, ReddoorAsia

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Imperial Kitchen & Bar 釣小宴 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

6 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of sea food but if you wan to try out best indian food in melbourne. you must visit ghazal restaurant & Bar

    ReplyDelete
  2. An obligation of appreciation is all together for giving such supportive information. I am especially fascinated with your article the End of lease cleaning Potts point | End of lease cleaning eastern suburbs | End of lease cleaning Botany | Domestic cleaning Sydney and I am happy that I am connected with your site.thanks! Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I respect this article for the well-examined content and fantastic wording. I got so engaged with this material that I couldn't quit perusing. I End of lease cleaning | End of lease cleaning Sydney | End of lease cleaning services Sydney am dazzled with your work and aptitude. Much obliged to you to such an extent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Canoelands
    End of lease cleaning Canley Vale
    End of lease cleaning Caddens

    ReplyDelete


  5. I agree with a lot of the points you made in this article. If you are looking for the Pub Food Near Me, then visit myplacebar.com.au. I appreciate the work you have put into this and hope you continue writing on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so inlove with this article and the foods. after hours electrician

    ReplyDelete