Sunday 17 November 2019

Saimai Thai I M, Parramatta



It's been some time since I've had dinner in Church St but on this particular night, I head to Saimai Thai I M. Saimai Thai is located on the Northern end of Church st, past the park.


I've seen lots of photos of other friends at Saimai and couldn't resist taking a photo in front of this display which is located inside the restaurant. I think it's very cute.



The decore inside is cosy, casual and dim. There is also seating outside including two swinging chairs.





I decide to sit outside and take care of the light out. Mr Weekend Food Escapes and I decide we want to order some dishes to share. The first dish we order is the Salt and Pepper Squid ($14.90). The dish comes out looking like fried chicken because of its beautiful coating. The batter is light, crispy and chicken like. It's a delicious dish that I'd definitely order again. We did not get a sauce with this dish which I think could have been improved with a sweet chilli or a fish sauce to cut through the fried squid. It's still enjoyable to eat.




For mains, we order the Beef BBQ salad ($16.90) has BBQ  marinated beef which has been tossed with mint, coriander, shallot, red onion, together with a chilli-lime dressing, sprinkled with roasted rice and fried onion. There's a heavy ratio of beef to salad which is typical of most Thai salads. I love the freshness from the herbs - mint, coriander - the beef is well dressed in the chilli lime dressing. This would be a refreshing dish to eat in Summer.



I also order the Sizzling Seafood ($24.90) stir fried mixed seafood with garlic, chilli jam, basil on a sizzling hot plate. As Mr Weekend Food Escapes is allergic to shellfish, I don't share this dish. I enjoy the prawns, calamari, scallops, fish mixed in with the vegetables. I like the chilli jam sauce which would be nice with some rice.


Summary: Overall, I enjoyed my casual dinner at Saimai Thai I M. I think the prices are reasonable and the dishes were enjoyable to eat. The staff are also very nice.

Price: Approx $25 per person


Location: 2/410 Church St, Parramatta


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 11am to 2:30pm, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
Weekends 5pm to 9:30pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Thai I M Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment