Saturday 9 November 2019

Huxtaburger. Redfern


3.5/5
Huxtaburger recently celebrated it's first birthday. I head there for some burgs with Mr Weekend Food Escapes and some of my foodie friends. The staff tell me that they have revamped their menu and made alternations following feedback from their customers.
Huxtaburger is a slender venue however there's also seating at the back. I notice there are a number of plant based burger options so that's good if you do not eat meat. But first, I enjoy a glass of pinot grio wine ($11) while Mr Weekend Food Escapes goes for a summer ale ($9)



I love my sides so I order chips with gravy ($6.50). I also order onion rings ($6.50) and loaded chips ($9.50). Don't worry, they're not all for me. I share all the sides with my foodie friends. Everything in moderation folks.

Chips with gravy feels quite nostalgic in many ways. With their new gravy recipe, the chips still retain their crunchiness. We all agree that the onion rings have a nice coating which is mildly addictive. I like the jalapenos in the loaded fries. I eat all the sides!





 I order the Justin Chicken Burger ($13.90) which is pictured here with the loaded fries ($6.50). The Justin Burger has your option of grilled or fried chicken, sriracha mayo, hot sauce and slaw. The chicken burger has a tolerable amount of chilli. I enjoy the crispy chicken in the burger which goes well with the slaw.




 Mr Weekend Food Escapes on the other hand orders the Darren ($15.50) which has grass-fed beef patty, bacon, egg, grilled onion, cheese, sauce, tomato, lettuce and pickles. It meets his standards and he nods in silence as he eats the Darren burger. There's a few folds of lettuce and egg which hangs out of the burger.


 I also have a few bites of Vanilla ice cream in caramel sauce ($2.95) while Matt goes for the Ice cream burger ($3.95). This is a mini burger that is adorable with your choice of chocolate or caramel sauce. It's simple but a sweet way to finish the meal. 

Summary: A nice burger joint with a variety of sides and burgers. I enjoyed my fried chicken burger and the Darren Burger was also delicious. If you are there with a group of friends then share all the onion rings, chips with gravy and loaded fries. They really brought the meal together. Happy Birthday and well done to making it to 1 year.

Price: Most burgers are $13-15, fries are extra 


Location: Shop C 66 Regent St, Redfern


Opening Hours: 

Sunday, Monday to Thursday 11am to 9:30pm
Friday, Saturday 11am to 10:30pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Huxtaburger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment