Monday 11 November 2019

Harbour Bar and Kitchen, Darling Harbour



3/5. I have walked past Harbour Bar and Kitchen a few times but this is my first visit. I never really knew how beautiful the view was from the balcony from Harbour Bar and Kitchen. I think there's a lot of potential with the food but unfortunately there were parts of my platter that were overcooked.



I visit Harbour Bar and Kitchen on a stunning and beautiful day. There are blue skies, relaxed vibes and warm weather. To kick off lunch, we order some drinks. Matt orders this smoking skull cocktail Passion in a Skull ($28) which has your favourite vodka, aperol shaken with pineapple, lime, fresh passionfruit and strawberry jam.

There are some instructions which you need to follow. You must allow the smoke to disappear and show to finish before consuming. So this drink is one for who like a show but are also patient enough to wait for the smoke to subside. The cocktail is made to share so I also taste some.The cocktail is light, fruity and quite tropical. I order a Lychee punch which is $15 and is made from soho lychee, bacardi rum and watermelon liquor with pineapple juice and muddled watermelon. The lychee taste is a bit lost on me but I enjoy the fruity flavours especially in this warmer weather.







I decide on order the Harbour Seafood Platter for two ($135) which has lobster, battered fish, calamari, king prawns, oysters, grilled tuna steak, fresh fruit and cocktail sauce.


The BBQ prawn was over cooked meaning it was quite dry in the end.  Luckily there are other enjoyable components of the platter, the calamari is light and crispy. I dip the calamari into the cocktail sauce and follow this with some refreshing salad.



 The battered fish is also enjoyable to eat and it sits on a bed of fat chips. I also dip the fried fish into the cocktail sauce. Matt refrains from eating the sauce.








 I also found the lobster to be BBQ'd and over cooked. The flesh was quite dry and coarse which is a shame as many people would regard the lobster as the main event in a seafood platter. The grilled tuna steak is also over cooked. I eat some of the fruit as a refresher at the end.

With some more care on the timing of seafood being cooked, this seafood platter has a lot of potential as the venue has stunning views, a relaxed vibe and with some components such as the calamari and fried fish to be enjoyable to eat.



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Harbour Bar & Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. The lobster was probably pre cooked and frozen.

    ReplyDelete