Sunday 3 November 2019

Meat District and Co, King St Wharf


It's warmer weather which is perfect for drinking cocktails by King St Wharf. Did you know Meat and District co have cocktail making classes? I pick up my gal friend and we join a cocktail making class with gorgeous views.
If you're not interested in making cocktails, Meat District and Co also have a nice happy hour from 3pm to 7pm.



 Before we head into the cocktail making class, I order some onion rings and some fries to work up a thirst.  The onion rings are golden brown, lightly crumbed and are strangely addictive.  Salty, hot chips also hit the spot. Yum.


The cocktail classes start and I can't help but take in the view. It's gorgeous with the skyline. There's about 10 people in the cocktail class which is a good size. Our cocktail making teacher Nick is French and quite funny. He creates a very casual, relaxed mood which is perfect after a long day at work.


We are making two cocktails today, one shaken - The Espresso Martini and one stirred - the Mojito. There's usually a third cocktail in the class which is a cosmopolitan but we are doing an express class today.

Before the class starts, Nick talks through all the ingredients we will be using for the Espresso Martini and explains through all the tools we will be using. My gal pal and I are giggling away as we are having so much fun. 


My gal pal is paying attention to every little instruction and detail while I have fun taking photos and film videos for my instagram story. I combine all the required ingredients. I have fun shaking the Espresso Martini and laugh while I watch others do their shaking movements. My gal pal is very focused and it pays off. Her cocktail looks so creamy and frothy. 



She adds the final touch which is a few coffee beans. Her cocktail looks a lot nicer than mine. She smiles as she sips her cocktail. Lovely!

We have a break so everyone can enjoy their wonderful creations. I chat away with the others in the class and soak in the great King St Wharf view. The second cocktail we make is the Mojito. Again, all our ingredients and tools are lined up, Nick talks us through everything that is required.



The Mojito is one of my favourite cocktails as it has the fresh ingredients of mint and lime - two of my favourite flavours. It's also a great cocktail for warmer weather.




My gal pal meticulously measures the shots and pours this into the glass. The mojito also requires some smushing which I can see some really aggressively smushing in the class. I take a softer approach. The same applies when Nick asks us to "smack" the mint to wake up the flavours and oils in the leaves. I gently smack the mint. How fun.







Before I know it, the Mojito is ready and just in time as I'm thirsty. There's a nice amount of mint and lime that I top off on my drink. I cheers to everyone in the class!

What a great class. So if you're looking for a hen's activity, a team bonding activity or just a lot of fun with your friends, why not inquire about the cocktail making classes at the Meat District and Co?

I had lots of fun and I would recommend!


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Meat District Co. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment