Friday 30 October 2015

Better Homes and Gardens Live Launch



I was invited to attend the launch of the Better Homes and Gardens Live Launch which was hosted by the Greens in North Sydney. To win tickets, check out my face book page
https://www.facebook.com/WeekendFoodEscapes/
The Greens in North Sydney served up a beautiful banquet of food to celebrate the launch of the better homes and gardens live shows in Sydney Nov 13-15. I was instantly eating with my eyes as beautiful platters were served up.

I was eyeing off the scotch egg on the beautiful platter of lavosh, bread, cheese, cured meats, pork terrine, olives and cherry tomatoes (below). It's on the menu and it's called barman's plate for two at $45. It's a fresh great platter to share.

The second thing that caught my eye was Fast Ed (left) as he was tempering some white chocolate for a live demonstration. It was a sample of what you could experience at the Better Homes and Gardens Live experience.



I saw the very lovely and tall Joanna Griggs (above) who was very excited about the upcoming live shows. I started eyeing off more eggs, specifically the crumbed eggs that appeared on top of the asparagus ($14, below). The beer battered chips ($8 per bucket, below) were to die for. They were crispy and well seasoned.



I also enjoyed the banquet of salads including the smoked trout salad ($20)  and poached chicken salad ($20, below) which were very substantial. The hero of the meal was the lamb shoulder (top photos, $45). It was moist, delicious and flavoursome. I was very impressed with the lavish lunch hosted by the Greens in North Sydney and would love to come back to try the rest of the menu.

I had the pleasure of chatting with Sammy and Bella as well as Fast Ed. What a great launch!

If you're a fan of Better Homes and Gardens, you can check out the show with live demonstrations with the celebrities in Sydney on 13th to 15th November. Check out the website for tickets



Weekendfoodescapes by Lisa was invited by Agent 99 as a guest of this launch. Photos, words and opinions are my own.

The Greens Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    Bond cleaning sydney
    Bond cleaning

    ReplyDelete