Sunday 18 October 2015

Izakaya Samurai, Neutral Bay


Izakaya Samurai is located in Neutral Bay on the main strip and is considered a favourite by locals. Chef Shinya is lovely and welcomes me to this cosy restaurant for lunch.  The decore is nice and modern with a touch of smick. You order from their extensive menu via touch pad. I was looking forward to the food!

This is a restaurant also aligned with washoku lovers which means you can grab a special deal when you show your washoku card (Suntory Malt’s Tap Beer for $5 instead of8.80 or a small glass of Japanese Sake Ippin for $5 instead of $9.50 or 1 free soft drink.)


Chef Shinya tells me that their most popular dish is typically their Sashimi and Sushi Lunch Set ($23.80, top photo). They have a dinner version which is a bigger portion and is very popular. The portions were fantastic with an amazingly fresh variety of king fish, salmon and tuna sashimi, assorted sushi and four sides (miso soup, agadashi tofu, salad and edamame). I devoured this tasty lunch set with much satisfaction with the quality and freshness of the produce. A big thumbs up for me. 

I also ordered the pan fried fried Gyoza (below, $7.80) with ponzu sauce. They arrived on a sizzling plate and were very tasty. The Gyoza has thin skin which is pan fried and encases moist pork. I'd recommend this as an entree.





I also order the takoyaki (above, $7.80) which are lovely bite sized octopus and potato balls topped with mayonnaise and flakes. This dish is a favourite of mine and at Izakaya Samurai was perfectly prepared and cooked. The spicy karaage chicken ($9.80, below) is very juicy and tender. The chicken is lightly crumbed and is not oily at all. The chicken is not spicy but is accompanied with chili sauce and mayonnaise. I would recommend both of these dishes as well.





Another very popular dish is the rainbow roll (8 pieces, $15.80, above).  A mix of fresh sashimi wraps the sushi roll which has avocado and cucumber on the on inside. The ingredients are very fresh and I love the mix of sashimi, rice, fillings all at once when I bite into this sushi roll. 

To finish off the perfect meal, for dessert, I order the ice cream with Daifuku ($3.80). It's a small ball of ice cream that is wrapped with a soft mochi-like skin. This is accompanied by strawberries and cream. As I am a chocolate weakling, I also ordered the chocolate fondant ($4.80, below) with chocolate ice cream and strawberry. The fondant is more chocolate cake with a small amount of chocolate oozing out but I thought it was for value and I loved the ice magic chocolate on the vanilla ice cream.

Overall, I had an amazing meal at Izakaya Samurai which was flawless. I'd give this place a 10/10 for hitting all the crucial buttons of high quality food, customer service, decore and value for money. I would strongly suggest you stop by for lunch or dinner!






Izakaya Samurai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Weekendfoodescapes dined as a guest of Washoku Lovers.

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

    Spring cleaning Mascot
    End of lease cleaning North Bondi
    End of lease cleaning Sydney Olympic Park

    ReplyDelete