Friday 16 October 2015

Nomad, Surry Hills




Nomad is highly rated on Zomato with a 3.8/5 rating. I came here with a good gal friend and we had very high expectations after also hearing good feedback from our friends. I quite liked the Nomad single letter on the wine glasses. My friend and I toasted over a glass of barbera.

My friend is a huge fan of churros so we ordered the savory churros ($18, top photo) which was a goat's cheese churros with truffle honey. They looked amazing! They tasted a bit bland though without the goat's cheese and honey. The churros were nice and crispy though - just bland on their own! More goat's cheese and honey are required. Perhaps more for the subtle palatte.


I was seated at the bar and was really eyeing off the platters being prepared in front of me. I ordered the characuterie (below $27) hoping it would resemble one of the platters but it wasn't. Maybe they were being prepared for a bigger group.The characuterie was delicious with fresh and delicious produce but felt a little small in portion. 




We ordered the side of potatoes ($9, above) which was a more reasonable portion and was nice with a spicy sauce. We also ordered the lamb ($38, below) which was a slow roasted lamb neck with polenta, pine nuts and goat's feta. The lamb was perfectly cooked, tender and lovely to eat. 


Overall, I had a nice experience at Nomad. It's modern with fresh produce and quite busy which creates a nice buzzing background. It is a bit pricey when you consider portion sizes but this is not uncommon for your typical modern posh restaurant these days. I'd give it a 3.5/5 which is not far off the zomato rating of 3.8/5.

Prices: $60ish per person

Location: 16 Forster St, Surry Hills

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for modern dining
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value: 6/10



Click to add a blog post for Nomad on Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

    BBQ cleaning Southern Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Sydney Olympic Park
    End of lease cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete