Thursday 8 October 2015

The Meat and Wine Co, Darling Harbour

I had the pleasure of dining in one of the private rooms in the Meat and Wine Co in Darling Harbour with a group of my new work colleagues. Meat and Wine Co have a fabulous business lunch that is available 12pm to 4pm from Monday to Saturday. You get the option of having a 2 courses for $35, 3 courses for $45 or 4 courses for $55. This includes a glass of house wine, beer or soft drink.

I immediate decided on 2 courses including a main and dessert. For main I ordered the Monte Black Fillet (below) with a side of chips  and mushroom sauce (additional charge for the sauce). The steak was perfectly cooked medium rare. The black fillet steak was juicy, pink in the middle and melt in your mouth. The mushroom sauce was delish. Well done Meat Wine and Co considering you had many steaks to cook in my large work group!!!





My foodie work mate strongly encouraged me to also get the creme brulee (photo, top) which I found to be the best decision of the day. Sugary, crunchy top with a perfectly formed custard. It was a delightful way to end the meal. My other colleagues had ordered the cheese board which I enviously looked at - cheddar, bleu, brie, chevre served with caramelised shallot, fig tart, melted gruyere assorted artisan crackers and fresh seasonal fruit. 

A great business lunch! I'd definitely recommend if you have time to spare at lunch.

Location: L1, 31 Wheat Road, IMAX Theatre Complex, Cockle Bay, Darling Harbour, Sydney NSW 2000


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for posh lunch
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10

Click to add a blog post for The Meat & Wine Co on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment