Tuesday 27 September 2016

Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel, The Rocks


The weekend has called and I have escaped work!! What better way to spend the weekend than to sit down to a refreshing lord nelson beer. MW and I decide to have lunch at the Lord Nelson after a stroll in the city.


Lord Nelson ales is brewed at the Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel which is Australia's oldest pub. You can see the big brewery tanks can be seen in the back of the pub. 

It's quite busy on the weekend but I manage to get a table. The menu is a short pub menu. You go up to the bar, order and tell them roughly where you sit. 

I decide to order the steak sandwich ($20, top photo, below). It's served on turkish bread, tomato relish and has a side of french fries. MW devours the steak sandwich and leaves me a few bites to taste.  It's a decent steak sandwich with a few salad ingredients (My favourite steak sandwich is Sydney is from the tree house in North Sydney).

I like that the side of french fries is generous.


I also order the battered fish ($21.50, below) with mayo and french fries. The menu says wasabi mayo but I can't taste any wasabi. The batter is light and crispy, just how I like it.  I think the fish is just missing a touch of salt, along with the fries. 

Aside from that, the battered fish was a solid pub meal. 
I think the portions are decent and the beer was delicious.



Summary: The weekend was fab with lord nelson beer, a pub meal and a nice walk. Seriously, how good is lord nelson beer?

Price: $20-30 per person

Location: 19 Kent St, the Rocks


Opening Hours: 11am to 11pm Mon - Sat, Sunday 12pm to 10pm



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you love beer and love pub food.
Food: 7/10 for casual pub dining (the beer is 10/10)
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 8/10 (portions are decent)




Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment