Friday 18 July 2014

Malaya, Darling Harbour


Drinks galore 
 Malaya is a tasty and posh restaurant. It still has the tasty flavours of Malaysian food with a side of other Asian flavours but set in a trendy and waterside location.  Bustling and full of life, a lot of people flock to Malaya for a hit of Asian food.


When I say Asian Fusion I am referring to a splash of Chinese with their san choy bow and a splash of Thai with their satay chicken.

The absolute highlight of the night was the eggplant ($26).  I would strongly recommend ordering this dish.

San Choy Bow - We had it modified so it was pork $32 for 4 serves
 The entrees were nice, clean and beautifully presented dishes.  The san choy bow ($32) was well seasoned pork and full of flavour. A slight hit of chilli would have made it perfect.

The satay chicken was beautiful with their home made satay sauce. I would probably choose the satay chicken if I only had one choice of entree. Beautiful! Perfectly cooked chicken ($19).

Satay Chicken 4 per serve - $19
Roti Bread
 Everything went well with the Roti Bread which was warm and flakey. I really enjoyed the roti bread with both the Beef Rendang ($26) and the Prawn Kapitan dish ($32).  Both are signature dishes and were recommended by our waiter.


Beef Rendang $26

Kapitan King Prawn - $32
Duck Perchik $33
My duck ($33) was very tasty in the sauce which is called Nonya Sauce.  It's made from lemongrass, coconut milk, fresh chilli and lime leaves. The duck is cooked twiced and I found it slightly dry but perhaps that is the intention.

The absolute highlight of the night was the eggplant ($26).  The eggplant is marinated and is stir fried with shallots, cashew nuts and dry chillies. It's absolutely amazing. Enjoy the eggplant as the flavours melt in your mouth and you cherish every bite.  It reminds me of the wonderful eggplant at Chinese Noodle Restaurant. The place with fake grapes on the roof. I haven't blogged about the eggplant but I did blog about their amazing hand made noodles here.

Prices: About $50 per head

Location: 39 Lime St, Sydney (Cockle Bay Wharf)
Egg Plant - $26

Malaya on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment