Friday, 16 October 2015

Nomad, Surry Hills




Nomad is highly rated on Zomato with a 3.8/5 rating. I came here with a good gal friend and we had very high expectations after also hearing good feedback from our friends. I quite liked the Nomad single letter on the wine glasses. My friend and I toasted over a glass of barbera.

My friend is a huge fan of churros so we ordered the savory churros ($18, top photo) which was a goat's cheese churros with truffle honey. They looked amazing! They tasted a bit bland though without the goat's cheese and honey. The churros were nice and crispy though - just bland on their own! More goat's cheese and honey are required. Perhaps more for the subtle palatte.


I was seated at the bar and was really eyeing off the platters being prepared in front of me. I ordered the characuterie (below $27) hoping it would resemble one of the platters but it wasn't. Maybe they were being prepared for a bigger group.The characuterie was delicious with fresh and delicious produce but felt a little small in portion. 




We ordered the side of potatoes ($9, above) which was a more reasonable portion and was nice with a spicy sauce. We also ordered the lamb ($38, below) which was a slow roasted lamb neck with polenta, pine nuts and goat's feta. The lamb was perfectly cooked, tender and lovely to eat. 


Overall, I had a nice experience at Nomad. It's modern with fresh produce and quite busy which creates a nice buzzing background. It is a bit pricey when you consider portion sizes but this is not uncommon for your typical modern posh restaurant these days. I'd give it a 3.5/5 which is not far off the zomato rating of 3.8/5.

Prices: $60ish per person

Location: 16 Forster St, Surry Hills

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for modern dining
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value: 6/10



Click to add a blog post for Nomad on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment