Friday 13 September 2019

New Star Kebab, Auburn


Auburn has significantly changed over the years. My family often come back to New Star Kebab for a meal over the years. New Star Kebab is an institution in Auburn. On the surface, it just looks like any other kebab shop but the locals know it's a tasty venue for a good price.
I am catching up with my foodie friends CocoandVine who have recently been travelling so it's a good opportunity to catch up. We get a table outside and start chatting. Before I know it, most of the tables outside are filled by 12pm and there are a number of tables inside which are also filled.


We are sharing food today and start off with the Mixed Shish Plate ($27) served with tomato, red cabbage, roast hot chili, lemon, turkish bread and your choice of Shish kebabs. I start by getting some bread, some chicken and dip it in with the chilli and hummus. What a mixture of flavours in my mouth! The chicken has been marinated and grilled with spices, there's a nice kick from the chilli which is balanced out with the hummus. I also round out by eating some red cabbage. The mixed shish plate is a great dish to share with the family or a group of friends. It's delish and I'd recommend. If you walk up to the store front, you can see some cooking happening over some hot coal.






I also get stuck into the mixed halal snack pack which has a bed of hot chips, topped with beef and chicken kebab meat and is topped with three sauces of chilli, garlic and BBQ. OMG. Hot chips are my weakness and how good do the sauces look mixed in with one another. I get my fork and dig into bit chunks of crispy hot chips then go back for further scoops of kebab meat and sauce. What a great combination of meat and hot chips. It's perfecto. 

script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">




Another popular dish is the Lahmacun Pide (Small $15, large $21 or family $23), which is made of minced meat and is served on flat bread. There's also a few storks of parsley and lemon to balance out the savoury flavours.



The group also order the Spinach and Cheese Pide (Small $15, large $21 or family $23). The pide looks spectacular. A pide is best described as a flat bread that is topped with cheese and toppings that is typically cooked in a stone oven. I'm quite busy stuffing my face with the halal snack pack but also manage to fit in a piece of this pide.



Finally, we also share a Vegetarian Pizza (Jumbo Size $25) which has Capsicum, Olives, mushroom and cheese. I love middle eastern style pizzas as there are always generous toppings on a fluffy bread-like base. The jumbo pizza would massive and similiar to the size of a costco pizza. The toppings are all combined with a nice amount of cheese.


Summary: Overall, I found my lunch at New Star Kebab incredibly satisfying. It was fun to share all the food in a group setting so we could try multiple dishes. My favourite dishes were the Halal Snack Pack and the pizza! I've also had their kebabs previously and they were pretty good too!

Price: Mains vary from $9 to $27


Location: 15 Auburn rd, Auburn


Opening Hours: 

Sunday, Monday to Thursday 7am to 1am
Friday, Saturday 7am to 2am



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
New Star Kebabs Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments:


  1. Fast cash offer for you today at just 2% interest rate, both long and short term cash of all amounts and currencies, no collateral required. We give out from a minimum range of $2000 to a maximum of $20 million.We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us Apply now for your instant approval and transfer approval process takes just 3 hours. contact us now
    I'll advise you can contact us via email at
    Contact Us At : abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this delicious blog. I really appreciate your efforts for writing this blog and informing us about the new food shop. Keep doing great job. Grab information about student accommodation here. dwell logan square auburn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Randwick
    End of lease cleaning Potts point
    End of lease cleaning Bondi Junction

    ReplyDelete