Tuesday 17 September 2019

Granata's, Pemulwuy



 I've never been to Granata's before and I've never heard of the suburb Pemulwuy before. Although after posting photos on instagram, several friends reached out saying they have been to Granata's before with recommendation. Granata's is an Italian restaurant full of the family recipes including Grandma's secret recipes. How intriguing! 


I walk in at about 12pm on a Sunday and by 1pm, Granata's is almost full including a table at the back for a family celebration. The locals must really like it here. 

I have a good look at the menu and also ask the staff a few questions. Matt orders a beer and I order a nice glass of wine to kick off our Sunday lunch.

script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">








After mulling over the menu and talking to the staff, I find out that their signature is their gnocchi, more specifically their Roasted Pumpkin Gnocchi ($24) which has a burnt butter and sage sauce with pinenuts and parmesan. The dish comes out and I can see small and delicate pieces of gnocchi on the plate - I am excited. 

I take my first bite of the gnocchi and it's perfection. The gnocchi is soft, pillow-like and has absorbed the burnt butter sage sauce along with the pumpkin flavours. I think this is one of the best gnocchi dishes I've tasted in my life. It's perfect and I would recommend this dish. WOW.



From the specials board, I am enticed by the Fettuccine with bug meat and prawns in a vodka sauce. I wasn't sure what to expect by the description. The Fettuccine is hand made and is cut in short strands and is cooked in a red sauce.  The prawns and balmain bug meat is heavily coated in this thick, rich sauce. It's enjoyable to eat but quite rich in flavour. Perhaps this is one to share so you can enjoy some variety.




Matt orders the G's the Lot Pizza ($25) which has mozzarella cheese, ham, mushrooms, salami, pineapple, grilled eggplant, capsicum, onion and olives. The pizza base is enjoyable to eat, bread-like to ensure that the toppings dominate and hold together. I enjoy the combination of toppings in particular the pineapple. I love pineapple on pizza  and also I love olives on pizza. I am full but still manage to take a few additional bites of pizza.




There's a separate stomach for dessert right? I am told that there are lots of traditional recipes when it comes to their desserts and am immediately enticed. 

We order the Cannoli ($4.5) and typically you have the choice of vanilla, chocolate, or ricotta with pistachios.  We go for the ricotta with pistachios. The ricotta cream is just really addictive, sweet, smooth and lip smacking. I like the crunch from the pistachios as well. Matt devours this in a few seconds. WOW. I think this is the most delicious cannoli I've ever had in my life. 






We also share some Baked Ricotta Cheesecake ($7.50) with a scoop of hazelnut gelato ($4). I'm on such a high from the cannoli so I figure it's hard to top but I do love a cheesecake and boy am I spoilt today. The baked ricotta cheesecake is delicious. The body of the cheesecake is creamy, sweet and there's a nice crumb. The hazelnut ice cream makes for a nice partner to the cheesecake. I would highly recommend.



Summary: Overall, I loved my lunch at Granata's. That gnnochini, that cannoli and cheesecake. Wow. Great food memories and flavours. What a surprise from a restaurant and surburb that was completely unknown to me. I highly recommend!

Price: Most mains vary from $18-25


Location: 30 Watkin Tench Parade, Pemulwuy


Opening Hours: 
Monday 7am to 3pm
Tuesday to Friday 7am to 9:30pm
Saturday, Sunday 8am to 9:30pm



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Granata's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. I am really intrigued that there is such a great amount about this article the Bond cleaning Southern suburbs | End of lease House cleaning | End of lease cleaning House has been uncovered and you did it so nicely.Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great articleand you make this data fascinating and locks in..,then you give perusers a great deal to consider and I welcome End of lease House cleaning | End of lease cleaning Housethat sort of composing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italian Food is one of the best cuisines in the world. And Pizza is one of them, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious foods. Thank you for sharing this to us. 24 hr emergency electrician

    ReplyDelete