Wednesday 4 September 2019

Tatsuya, West Ryde - Revisit


After living in West Ryde for almost 10 years, I used to be a regular at Tatsuya which is a Japanese eatery located beside a carwash. Now that I have moved away, I don't come here as regularly but I come back to see if the consistency has changed.

I often find myself being turned away from Tatsuya if I haven't got a booking so I try to book ahead if I can. Tatsuya is a tiny venue with about 10 tables that is best known for their thickly cut sashimi.

On this occasion, Hubby and I order a regular sashimi ($21.90 for 16 pcs) which has kingfish, salmon and tuna sashimi pieces. It also comes with a miso soup. The sashimi is not as thick as it used to be but it's still fresh and tasty. I dab a bit of wasabi and dip my sashimi in soy. This still satisfies my sashimi cravings.


I also order a tofu age dashi ($8.90) which has four pieces of Tofu in a sweet and warm broth. The tofu is quite crispy and it stays crispy despite it sitting in the broth. I love sipping on the sweet and warm broth, it's a great way to eat tofu.


I also order a California Roll ($12.90) which is basically an avo and salmon roll. The roll is cut up into 8 pieces and is a staple favourite of Matt's and I. This is one of my favourite sushi rolls to eat. I highly recommend.

Summary: Overall Tatsuya has been quite consistent over the last 10 years. The sashimi is sliced slightly thinner but aside from that, the food is delicious, of high quality and I wish I had a place like this near my new home.

Price: $20-25 per person


Location: 2-6 Chatham Rd, West Ryde (Park at Coles or Woolworths).


Opening Hours: 

Open Daily 11:30am to 9:30pm


Tatsuya Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment