Wednesday 11 September 2019

Chinese Noodle Restaurant, Haymarket Sydney




Chinese Noodle Restaurant is located in China town Sydney and has a steady flow of customers as I arrive on this Sunday at approximately 12pm. This is a delayed blogpost.


I have been a big fan of Northern Chinese cuisine of recent years. I have been regularly going to Chinese Noodle House (which is right next store) to Chinese Noodle Restaurant for many years when I was younger and regularly frequented Sydney china town.  Their names are so similar.  I have decided to check out their neighbour after seeing some posts from another foodie friend. 

Chinese Noodle Restaurant also has plastic grapes on the roof.  There are wooven artistic displays on the wall and lots of tables crammed into the space.






To start, Matt and I share a half portion of Pork and Chive Fried Dumplings, I eat this with a mix of vinegar, soy sauce and chilli. The dumplings are cooked to perfection with a crunchy base. I highly recommend! I also order a side of lamb and carrot fried dumplings which has a slightly different taste to the pork which I quite like - it's not for everyone as I know Matt prefers the pork and chive dumplings.




Now for the main reason why I love Northern Chinese cuisine - the deep fried eggplant. Now I have had some incredibly good eggplant in my life so I have high expectations.

The eggplant at Chinese Noodle Restaurant is very crunchy, with strong garlic tones and is quite saucey. It's a nice dish however I prefer the eggplant at their neighbour at Chinese Noodle House. I know some foodies will disagree but it's all in the balance of the sauce which should be sweet, salty, milder tones of garlic and rich in flavour.



To round out the meal, I also order some fried short cut noodles with chicken. This is a generous portion of noodles that hits the spot for me. The noodle texture is very delicious and moreish - soft and chewy.  I recommend this dish.

Summary: Overall, I enjoy my experience at Chinese Noodle Restaurant with their fried dumplings and hand made noodles. I prefer the eggplant dish at other venues. This cheap and cheerful spot is great for a hearty meal.

Price: $15-20 per person


Location: 160 Thomas St,  Haymarket


Opening Hours: 

Open Daily from 10am to 10pm



Chinese Noodle Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

5 comments:


  1. Fast cash offer for you today at just 2% interest rate, both long and short term cash of all amounts and currencies, no collateral required. We give out from a minimum range of $2000 to a maximum of $20 million.We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us Apply now for your instant approval and transfer approval process takes just 3 hours. contact us now
    I'll advise you can contact us via email at
    Contact Us At : abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Bondi Junction
    End of lease cleaning Zetland
    End of lease cleaning Neutral Bay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noodles are mostly known as oriental cuisine, but they have made a way into the fast-food industry due to its popularity. It is easy to manage the noodles as they are quick to make and delicious to eat. Most fast-food chains use Cheap Noodle Boxes to keep the noodles fresh and warm for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is more informative and attractive thanks for sharing if you need this packaging or boxes you visit Noodle boxes order your own style.

    ReplyDelete


  5. Custom Noodle boxes with no prints or design, or you want Noodle boxes designed artistically, we can prove a perfect packaging solution for each type of Noodle boxes product you manufacture or sell. If not provided the right packaging. noodle boxes Noodle Boxes are the solution to your noodles packaging needs. They come in alshapes and sizes.An item of such high reputation and relish deserves to be packaged in a packaging item that does justice to its high stature and position.

    ReplyDelete