Saturday 21 September 2019

Thai Break, Macquarie Park


This is a delayed blog post.

My go to Thai at Macquarie Centre is Klao Pla but I thought I'd try something different for a change. Husband and I head to Thai Break for a quick dinner. 
Thai Break is located near the entrance of Macquarie Centre, right across from Max Brenner. I've often walked past this venue numerous times and never thought to check it out. I routinely go back to my usual favourites but on a whim, we check it out.

The menu looks quite reasonably priced. You order at the counter and then take a seat. Matt and I agree to order some of our usual dishes to see how they compare with other venues in the area.

I go for the Salt and Pepper Calamari ($6) which arrives with approximately 7-8 pieces. It is lightly crumbed unevenly and is topped with coriander. I think that this dish could easily be improved with an even coating and cooked so it's slightly more crispy. It's still an enjoyable dish to eat. 



Husband and I also order the Pad Sie Ew ($13.90) with beef. This is a flat rice noodle dish that is cooked in a soy sauce with green asian greens and egg. The flat rice noodles seem to be cut in small pieces and appear quite fragile compared to the usual larger flat pieces I'm used to. There's a decent portion of beef which have soaked in those soy flavours. The dish has those familiar flavours that I enjoy in a Pad Sie Ew.



I also order the green thai curry with chicken. The broth is quite watery but I do enjoy the bamboo shoots. Matt is not a fan of the watery broth and prefers a slightly thicker broth. The flavours are there although more subtle compared to other Thai restaurants we've been to. 


Summary: Thai Break is reasonably priced and has the expected Thai flavours. I prefer other venues in the area including Klao Pla and iBangkok but if you are looking for a quick lunch for a reasonable price - you could check it out. It's a 3/5 for me.

Price: $12-15 for most mains 


Location: Level 3, Upper, Macquarie Centre, Corner of Herring Rd and Waterloo Rd, Macquarie Park 


Opening Hours: 
Sunday Monday 11am to 8:30pm
Tuesday Wednesday 11am to 9pm
Thursday Friday, Saturday 11am to 9:30pm 



Thai Break Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment