Tuesday 29 October 2019

Blackbird Cafe, Cockle Bay Wharf Part 3


It's been about a year since I've been to Blackbird Cafe which is located on Cocklebay Wharf.  I have always been lucky and been seated outside where I've had a nice view of the water of cocklebay wharf.

Check out Part 1 and 2 of my Cockle Bay Wharf Food Safari here. 


I am treated to this colourful blueberry cocktail which is quite sweet. It reminds me of the kind of drinks I used to drink when I was 18, full of sugar and sweetness. I share a number of dishes with my foodies.

Firstly there's the Roasted Pumpkin Risotto ($28). I normally am not one to order risotto so it's nice to try this dish. This risotto was delicious and well cooked. The risotto is so flavoursome with the pumpkin puree and has nice textures with the pine nuts and is balanced with salty goats cheese and sweetness with dried cranberries. I recommend!




My favourite dish of the night is actually the Fettuccini Geraldo ($31). The other foodies also agree with me as they love the creamy avocado and infused white wine sauce. This makes the pasta lovely to eat and I also enjoy the prawn and chicken combination in this dish. You should check it out. 


There's also the Chicken Espatada ($36) which has a skewered chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and there's red wine chilli sauce and it's served with sweet potato chips.  Matt makes a beeline for this dish as he can't eat the prawn dish.



I also have some of the Shredded Braised Duck Salad ($26) which has sliced cucumber, cherry tomato, coriander, bean sprouts, rocket, sesame oil, crispy wontons with an Asian style dressing. I enjoy the refreshing coriander and crunch from the wontons. A few people start whispering and say that they have just seen Wayne Bennett enter the venue.

There's a few NRL fans as part of the foodie group I'm in. I'm ignorant to this area so I continue to focus on the food.


I am quite full by this stage but I can't resist a slice of the Classic Prosciutto ($30) which has a tomato base, mozzarella cheese, topped with rocket leaves, grana pandana cheese and balsamic glaze. The pizza base is enjoyable to eat. 


Summary: So I've enjoyed my 2nd visit to Blackbird Cafe more so than my first. It's been really nice to try dishes that I typically don't order. My favourite dish was the Fettuccini Geraldo ($31) but I also liked the Roasted Pumpkin Risotto ($28) and Classic Prosciutto ($30)

Price: Most mains $25-35


Location: Level 1, Wheat Road Balcony, Darling Harbour, Cockle Bay Wharf


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Wednesday 11am to 9:30pm
Thursday 11am to 10pm
Friday 11am to 12am
Saturday 8:30am to 12am
Sunday 8:30am to 9:30pm






Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Blackbird Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment