Thursday 24 October 2019

Hunter and Barrel, Cockle Bay Wharf foodie crawl Part 1


I have had a long day and look forward to letting my hair down by going on a food safari @ Cockle Bay Wharf. I head to Hunter and Barrel for the first stop. It's time for a foodie escape.



Hunter and Barrel has a nice outdoor area which we relax in. It's also quite a warm day so that helps. As I enter Hunter and Barrell, lots of friendly hellos come my way and it's so nice to see so many of the foodie community at this event. I've made so many new friends over the last few years. But I'm thirsty!

I am lucky as I get a preview to one of their new cocktails. It's a jalapeno margarita. I love a normal margarita with the salty rim and sweet drink, the addition of a jalapeno makes for a mild chili finish. I could have a few of these! I love the contrast in flavours.



The foodies are treated to a number of snacks as this is the first stop on the food safari. I snack on some cheesey bread which sounds so simple but is irresistible.  The bread is firm enough to hold the cheese! The melted cheese drips and is smooth in my mouth.

I also snack on these tasty skewers which are made from grilled octopus and potato. This skewer reminds me of some of the South American cuisine I had a few months ago while I was travelling. Octopus and potato is a great combination but rarely seen in Modern Australian cuisine.

My favourite is the calamari (pictured top photo), it's just perfectly crumbed and full of flavour. I think it's been marinated in sweet chilli sauce. Nom nom nom





I am busy chatting away with my foodies and there's a small block of people in front of the food so I didn't try any of the chicken wings, oysters or croquettes but they look delish. Matt manages a quick photo before all the food disappears.

So that's the first stop of the Cockle Bay Wharf Foodie Crawl. I've been to Hunter and Barrell a number of times and they are a great venue for hosting large groups. The weather is warming up so it would be a great venue by the water on Cockle Bay Wharf for some cocktails with friends.


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Hunter & Barrel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment