Friday 30 August 2019

Ali Baba Kebabs 40th Birthday! Macquarie Park


Ali Baba Kebabs was established in Canberra in 1979! Holy Moly that's 40 years ago. Now there are 46 stores in Australia. Now they are celebrating their 40th birthday in 2019 with a huge promotion where you can scratch your way to big prizes. Matt and I are in our local shopping centre and decide to stop by in the food court to check out Ali Baba.



We order the spinach and feta pide ($10) and it's served up in really soft bread and already sliced up. It's slightly crusty on the outside but for the most part is quite soft like the texture of lightly toasted Turkish bread. There's salty feta pieces and spinach pieces that are visible. I prefer more crusty textured pide and thinner bread with heavier toppings but this one is still pleasant to eat.




Matt and I also share a large chicken kebab ($13.40 + $1.50 for cheese) with cheese and BBQ sauce. The kebab is really thick and is full of chicken kebab meat! Luckily Matt and I are sharing the kebab but I would struggle on my own. Who's hungry??

The bread is quite soft and has not been toasted as I usually prefer but I still enjoy the kebab. Matt always orders cheese in the kebab but I prefer the kebab without cheese. I guess it comes down to preference.



There's also the plate ($15.40) where you can choose your own protein, two sauces of baba ganoush and hummus, salad, persian rice and tabouli. Or if you prefer - the snack pack where you get chips, topped with your choice of meat, and sauce.

So congratulations to Ali Baba Kebabs on their 40th birthday. Hope you scratch and win something amazing! I'm full after this meal!



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Ali Baba Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Bardia
    End of lease cleaning Barangaroo
    End of lease cleaning Badgerys Creek

    ReplyDelete