Thursday 8 August 2019

Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel, Sydney CBD



This is a delayed blog post. After a hectic few weeks of work, my colleagues and I head to Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel for lunch to celebrate and relax. It's been some time since I've been to Lord Nelson but I've always had positive experiences and the beer is very tasty.
You can read about my previous experiences from the upstairs restaurant and the pub area. On this occasion, we head to the pub area and we are eyeing off some of the pizzas.

We order the prosciutto pizza ($21) which has prosciutto, rocket topped shaved reggiano with truffle oil. The bases on the pizza are quite crispy and thin. The cheese is well cooked on the base. The pizzas go down a treat and we devour the prosciutto pizza. 

We also order the prawn and chorizo pizza ($21). Again the base is quite crispy and cheese well cooked. There's a king prawn on each slice and slices of chorizo that have been sporadically spread out. I like the slight chilli flakes which add a bit of heat. Recommend! I could easily eat a whole pizza myself.





We also share some salads including the Lord Grill Haloumi Cobb Salad (with NZ smoked salmon $26) with avocado, charred corn soft hens' egg, crispy pancetta, tomato, baby cos, mustard mayonnaise. There's also the choice with grilled chicken (pictured at top photo). You can make friends with salad and I found the NZ smoked salmon salad the most popular with my co-workers. It's the salty flavours from the halloumi, sweetness from the corn, texture from the pancetta and flavours of the smoked salmon that really make the salad. I recommend!

For dessert, we also share the Apple Pie with Vanilla Bean ice cream ($10.50) and also the flourless chocolate cake with vanilla yoghurt cream ($14.50). What classic desserts to finish the meal. It hit the spot.

All of this was complimented with delicious lord nelson beer and a glass of wine. 

Summary: The Lord Nelson delivered a quality pub meal in the iconic rocks. I recommend all the dishes - the pizzas and salad along with a few drinks.

Be sure to book a table if you are going in a group - it can get very busy.

Price: $20-30 per main

Location: 19 Kent St, the Rocks


Opening Hours: 

11am to 11pm Mon - Sat, 
Sunday 12pm to 10pm




Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I value examining this blog which fuses lots of strong information it is uncommonly captivating and stunning and rejoices in light of that the audit isSpring Cleaning Adelaide | End of lease cleaning price | Bond cleaning price outstandingly helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular survey rocks! concerning cleaning associations. A plenitude of thanks identifying with these sorts of getting away audit. I figureBond cleaning Bond junction | End of lease cleaning Paddington | End of lease cleaning this article will totally enhance you. It causes me especially to deal with specific issues.

    ReplyDelete