Thursday 15 August 2019

Nick's Bar and Grill, King St Wharf


Nick's Bar and Grill is located on King St Wharf, beside a beautiful King St Wharf waterview. Water always calms me down and makes be feel relaxed so it makes for a perfect venue for a Sunday lunch.
While it's outdoor seating at Nick's Bar and Grill, they have a number of outdoor heaters for when it gets too cool. As I decide to order a cheeky glass of wine - the Cape Mentelle Sauvignon Blanc Semillon from Margaret River in WA ($12, glass) while Matt orders a Lord Nelson Beer ($9.50).

Nick's Bar and Grill has a range of seafood options on their menu which is what the broader Nick's Group is known for but also at this particular restaurant - there are also a wide range of steaks, chicken breast or souvlaki, lamb souvlaki, pastas or even the pork ribs.



I am looking to graze for entree so I order the Mediterranean Tasting Plate to Share ($23). This plate has prosciutto, marinated octopus, dolmades, feta, olives, marinated vegetables with toasted bread and sesame bark. This is a good option if you are looking for a bit of variety including different textures and flavours. I smear a bit of salty feta on the sesame bark and follow that with a mouthful of the char grilled zucchini. Matt nibbles on the prosciutto and enjoys the contrast with salty olives. Matt also loves a dolmades (stuffed grape vine leaves) which is mildly sour which cuts through the other salty flavours. It's a simple entree but I like it.






For mains, I could not go past the Whole Baby Lobster ($54) served with salad. You also have a choice of mornay or garlic butter sauce. As Matt is allergic to shell fish, I am able to enjoy this main all on my own (cheeky evil laugh). The main comes out and I see large chunks of lobster that has been drenched in that garlic butter. I really enjoy biting into that chunky lobster flesh. The butter has melted into the lobster. What a treat! The garlic butter is quite rich so make sure you remember to eat some of the salad to cut through and I'd also recommend ordering some fries to compliment the garlic butter lobster.




Matt is tempted by a steak but instead orders the Grilled Snapper Fillets ($38) which is served with a lemon dressing with your choice of chips or salad. Matt chooses chips (which is good for me as I steal a few). Matt enjoyed the grilled snapper fillets as they were soft and tender. Grilled Snapper is also a healthy option with many health benefits. It's a low calorie protein that is rich in vitamins and acids. Life is all about balance.



Speaking of balance - Matt and I can't resist a bit of indulgence so we order the Trio Chocolate ($16)  for dessert to share. I'm tempted by some of the other dessert options, what would you have picked?

Well I do recommend the Trio Chocolate as there's a nice variety to share including a Belgian Chocolate Fondant which oozes out chocolate sauce. Yum. Then there's the White chocolate and chocolate mousse cup where you can also eat the cup. The mixture of white chocolate and chocolate mousse swirls in my mouth for a extra impact. Matt enjoys the crunchy Chocolate baklava  rolls and the vanilla bean ice cream will give you some flavour balance amongst all the chocolate. I get stuck into the chocolate fondant and the vanilla ice cream.






Summary: Overall I had a really relaxing lunch at Nick's Bar and Grill. You can't go wrong with seafood at Nick's but it's also good to have other options on the menu.

The whole baby lobster was so indulgent and I really enjoyed the chocolate trio dessert. I recommend stopping by for a nice lunch. Don't forget to soak in the beautiful waterviews.

Price: Mains vary from $22 to $54


Location: 32-34 The Promenade, King St Wharf, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Sunday, Monday to Thursday 11:30am to 10pm
Friday and Saturday 11:30am to 11pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Nick's Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment