Monday 19 August 2019

Greenwood Chinese Restaurant, North Sydney


I head to Greenwood Chinese Restaurant my friend PH. Overall, I have to concur with some of the other reviews that Greenwood Chinese Restaurant is bit more pricey. However I don't know of any other yum cha options in North Sydney. You would have to head into the City or up the north shore. It may be a matter of demand v.s supply.

On this particular Saturday morning, we are one of the first people to arrive and the restaurant slowly fills up within an hour or two. The decore is modern and there's a few trolleys going around however you may be better off ordering off the menu as the frequency is not as high.



I love my chilli sauce and am ready to eat! We order some Har Gow (Prawn dumplings with translucent skin). I always overcoat the Har Gow dumplings with too much chilli sauce and end up having to drink additional tea to recover. The dumplings are warm and filled with cut up prawn pieces with bamboo shoots. They are good.



My friend PH orders some Siu Mai (pork and prawn minced dumpling in a wonton skin). She comments that they are quite hot and takes her time to eat them. They seem to satisfy her tastebuds. I focus on the  Gao Coi Gow (prawn and garlic chive dumplings in translucent skin). The garlic flavours melt into the prawn filling and it's a nice dumpling to eat. 




The final dish we share are the Cheung Fun with peanut sauce (Rice Noodle Rolls). These rolls have no filling - it's all rice noodle and there is a nice peanut sauce and sweet hoi sin sauce that is drizzled over. These are quickly addictive and I eat more than my share.



Summary: Overall, I had a nice experience at Greenwood Chinese Restaurant. All the dumplings were tasty and the staff were generally attentive. It is more pricey compared to other venues in the city but if you don't want to travel over the bridge then this makes for a good venue for yum cha.

Price: For these 4 dishes + tea, we paid about $43


Location: Upstairs in Greenwood plaza, 101 Miller St, North Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Open Daily 11am to 3pm; 5:30pm to 10pm






Greenwood Chinese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. This particular survey rocks! concerning cleaning associations. A plenitude of thanks identifying with these sorts of getting away audit. I figure this articlBond cleaning Redfern | End of lease cleaning Surry hills | Best bond cleanerse will totally enhance you. It causes me especially to deal with specific issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your articles and found the article is instructive! I starting late stumbled upon it, and wish I'd seen it sooner, It's noteworthy for the home, End of lease cleaning Mosman | Bond cleaning Mosman | End of lease cleaning Alexandria shares some more examination or substance-related cleaning. Grateful for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning North Bondi
    End of lease cleaning Sydney Olympic Park
    End of lease cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete