Sunday 18 August 2019

Happy Buddha Retreat, Blue Mountains Retreat



This is a delayed blog post. So after feeling quite burnt out, a friend of mine recommended heading to a Happy Buddha Retreat which is a yoga retreat in the Blue Mountains. I have not done any yoga for years but the idea of spending a few days in the Blue mountains sounded nice.


It's a two night retreat including accommodation, food and is located in a beautiful location where you can do a bush walk. Prices range (depending if you can get a sale price from $399 to $599) for the two nights.

Matt and I drove up and checked in. I was worried it might be too cold but the room was very well heated. You won't have any issues there!



The accommodation is basic and comfortable with queen bed and chairs in the room. We also have a nice view outside of the horizon and also the pool. I make a conscious note to go outside and look at the view. Matt and I end up leaving our bags and going down to make a cup of tea and checking out the views. There are some chickens nearby.




There are some chairs outside and people are quietly enjoying the view. Matt and I head for a walk before we head back for the group introduction. 

We meet people of all walks of life and their stories are fascinating. We then share a dinner that night. All the meals are vegetarian and while Matt was originally reluctant about this  - he quickly turned around when the meals were delicious, nutritious and with lots of choice. There was a vegetable green curry, tomato soup, fresh salads on this particular night. 





I didn't take any photos of the Yoga rooms or classes out of respect of the other participants. The yoga instructors had very soothing voices and as I was out of practise with the yoga, I struggled with the more complex poses. I settled for the more easy poses. Most people seemed to do well.



My favourite class was the Yin Yoga as it was really relaxing and really turned my mind off. I also have my affirmation card still stuck to my fridge which read about moving forward with positive and fulfilling thoughts. It's been over a year since i've been on this retreat and I do feel like I have had a more positive mindset in life.

So overall I really enjoyed the short get away. It's a great retreat that can help you reset if you're feeling a bit overwhelmed, burnt out or if you really just want to relax in the blue mountains. All of the activities are optional so you can do whatever you want.

What's included in the retreat:
Food (all Vegetarian)
Accommodation
Yoga Classes - Gentle yoga, Yin Yoga, Guided meditation
Drumming Class
Access to nearby bush walks
Meditation Talk
Fireplace 
Pool








5 comments:

  1. Its possibility is so amazing and working style so expedient. I figure it may help all of you.You should continue disseminating pleasing subjects along these lines.It causes me Bond cleaning Redfern | Bond cleaning Surry hills | Lease cleanersespecially to deal with specific issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaners from a trustworthy relationship to do your move out cleaning is an ideal decision and now you don't have and to worry over your home End of lease cleaning Paddington | Bond cleaning Paddington | End of lease cleaning Bondi junction amazing and astonishing. I esteemed it so much and thank you for an excellent article, it helped me a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting such a great blog. I found your website perfect for my needs. Read About Blue Mountains

    ReplyDelete