Saturday 10 August 2019

Visit the South Coast: Shoalhaven - Part 2 - Bangalay Villas and Bangalay Dining, Shoalhaven Heads

Bangalay Villas - The living room and dining table

As Matt and I can't resist a bit of luxury, we can't help but feel relaxed at Bangalay Luxury Villas. Destination NSW introduced us to these beautiful self contained villas located in Shoalhaven Heads (In the South Coast of NSW). The Bangalay Luxury Villas are also right next to a beach - the Shoalhaven Heads. You can genuinely experience the coastal lifestyle. You may want to consider staying here for the South Coast Food and Wine festival on 14-15 September 2019.
I'm incredibly impressed by the design, look and feel of the Bangalay Luxury Villas. My favourite features include the gas fireplace, additional heating and bathroom heated tiles.  Matt and I visited right in the middle of winter and found the Bangalay Villas incredibly warm, cosy and inviting. There is also air conditioning and ceiling fan you can use in warmer weather.

Let me give you a quick tour of our villa. Firstly, the living room has a comfortable couch and tv which also faces out to the golf course. I find myself drawn to the gas fireplace in the living room, happily sitting quietly with my own thoughts.

Cosy gas fire and tv

There is also a kitchenette including fridge, small coffee machine, plates/cups/utensils and dining table. So while there is a kitchenette in the Bangalay Villas, we opt to dine at their on-site restaurant. 
There is also a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board. I have packed enough clothes for my stay so no need however it was good to know it was available.

Kitchenette
Washing machine, iron, ironing board


Bedroom

Walk with me, through to the bedroom. The bedroom is comfortable with lots of space to lay out your luggage and has various pillows of different degrees of softness/hardness.  Right next to the bedroom is the bathroom. The bathroom is heavenly with a rainfall shower head and I really like the botantical luxury Aspar products they have which are nice on the skin and hair. 

Bathroom

Bathroom

So that's basically the tour inside. The view from our Bangalay Villa is very peaceful  with trees and from time to time - some golf players. Matt and I also decide to explore outside of our villa. So let me show you the rest of my adventure.

View from our Bangalay Villa (from the inside as I was cold at the time)

Outside seating area


The communal pool looks very relaxing but it's a bit cold so we keep on walking. We decide to visit the beach that Bangalay Luxury Villas are right next to - the Shoalhaven Heads. I see a really adorable wall - full of pictures of birds that you may see. The beach is virtually deserted, although I see someone casually riding a horse across the beach, a few people going on a walk and a really cute dog.



The waves are small. The sound and smells of the ocean, and sand are so relaxing. Water always relaxes me so I take a deep breath and really immerse into the scenery. The wind is blowing my hair back. I start thinking about food.





Luckily, there's an onsite restaurant which is headed up by Brent Strong. Bangalay Dining's ethos is about utilising  local produce given the abundance of amazing fresh and high quality ingredients in the South Coast of NSW. The dishes are heavily inspired by native ingredients.

You can dine inside or there's also an alfresco area and there is even possible to dine poolside. (Fancy! Although too cold for me in winter). I notice that even the cocktail menu has many native twists. Which cocktail do you think I should order?



 I am enticed by the Salt Bush Margarita ($17) while Matt orders the Lily Pily Rose ($15). I notice the delicate care that's been taken with my cocktail with a perfect chill temperature and salty, sour tones in the Margarita. Matt's cocktail is quite nice, with sweet tones from the rose syrup.




 Cheers! What a relaxing day it's been. I've really enjoyed the villa accommodation, beach and now I get to sit down to some delicious food. I am having the 6 course tasting menu for $85. You can also opt for matching wines.






I start the meal with bread and butter. I always find the bread and butter is a good way of activating the tastebuds. The first dish is the Spanish Mackerel with fermented mandarin and daikon. This dish is absolutely stunning. Head Chef, Brent has wrapped the Spanish Mackerel in the daikon ribbons with little edible flowers. The daikon is mildly sour and contrasts well with the mackerel and the sweetness of the fermented mandarin.





The matching wines at Bangalay Dining are from the South Coast Shoalhaven region  which is fantastic as I've really started to enjoy the Coolangatta wines among others. Their award winning semillon is still on my mind.



The next dish is the Sabago Potato which has been cleverly shredded and mimics the look of pasta. The nutty and mildly creamy textures come through with Macadamia dust and native thyme. What an inventive and delicious dish.

I also enjoy the Scampi which is presented el natural. This is great as you can enjoy the natural flavours of the scampi. There's also a light lemon myrtle, leek and dressed with watercress. This is how seafood should be prepared - simplistic, complimenting flavours and with native ingredients.





Matt is allergic so he is able to switch to an alternate dish. Make sure you advise the restaurant in advance if you have any food allergies. I've decided to slow down on the wines as my tolerance is low at the moment. However I do enjoy my red wines so I can't resist for the upcoming dishes.






The main course is the Wagyu Topside which has been overcooked so it leaves a dry taste in my mouth however I really enjoy the matching flavours of the eggplant, oyster mushroom and kale which accompany this dish. The earthy textures of the eggplant match the earthy flavours of the mushroom.

My photo from Weekend Food Escapes Instagram




Next, there's the Sheep's Yoghurt with oats and sorrel. This is a refreshing cleansing dish which makes way for the next dessert. The sheep's yoghurt is slightly sour and light on the tongue. The Wattleseed ice cream has many textural components with smooth ice cream, hazelnut mousse with spongey  cake-like textures and light and slightly crunchy caramelised white chocolate. I love the creativity and innovation in this dish.



One of the photos from the Weekend Food Escapes Instagram.

I sit back and lick my lips. I've thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Bangalay Dining. The native ingredients and inspiration definitely came through with modern twists and new inventive dishes.

I thought the meal was over but we are treated to a bonus dish which comes full circle back to the bread and butter. This final sorbet is inspired by the flavours of our very first component of the meal. How clever!

Well i'm off to bed after this amazing meal. I will sleep very well with very pleasant food feelings.





After a very relaxing night of sleep, Matt and I head back to Bangalay Dining for breakfast. What would you order off the menu? When you order any main house breakfast, you are also treated to some fruit, fig compote and mini croissant.  It's a great way to start while you are waiting for your order. I munch away while my body starts to wake up.







I  am enticed by the Coconut Chia Pudding ($15) with fresh and preserved seasonal fruit and local honey. This is a lighter breakfast option with really thick coconut chia pudding. i think this is the most dense chia pudding I've ever had.

Matt orders the slow poached egg ($19) with mixed mushrooms, polenta, truffle percorino and asparagus. This is a earthly combination of flavours. I love the different textures of the different kinds of mushroom that absorb that truffle percorino aroma and the polenta provides for textural contrast.

Amazing! For more information, check out their website





I hope you enjoyed my experience of Bangalay Luxury Villas and Bangalay Dining. For more South Coast adventures, check out Part 1 of my adventure in Shoalhaven or you can also check out my other adventures down South NSW including Kiama /Culburra here.


Bangalay Dining Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I am genuinely dazzled that there is such a great amount about this subject has been uncovered and you did it so pleasantly. I am eEnd of lease cleaning Bond junction | Bond cleaning Paddington | Bond cleaningxceptionally enchanted with this blog. It's an edifying point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Bondi Junction
    End of lease cleaning Zetland
    End of lease cleaning Neutral Bay

    ReplyDelete