Tuesday 6 August 2019

Oh Matcha!, Sydney Town Hall



While it's cold, there's always a part of me that still craves delicious dessert and it won't stop me from ice cream! Oh Matcha! is a popular Asian dessert cafe in Regent Place. I've walked past here numerous times and it's always super busy.

I've done take away numerous times but on this ocassion, I sit down. I am naturally tempted by the matcha and strawberry akura soft serve. I lick up the slightly bitter matcha soft serve which contrasts well with the sweetness from the strawberry.  This is so delicious and it's my favourite! You can choose cup or cone... I always choose cone. Most soft serves will set you back $3.90 but they have special flavours which may cost $4.20.



Matt doesn't like matcha so he goes for the Fruit Parfait. The soft serve is so soft, sweet and really pleasant to eat. Matt digs further down and eats the fruit jelly as well as the fresh fruit. Matt enjoys and recommends!


I also notice some of the savoury options including Asian hotdogs and fries. Most people I see though are eating the desserts. Out of curiousity, Matt and I order a Japanese hotdog with a side of french fries with chilli sauce. The chilli sauce is quite strong and so I end up shaking some of the chilli flakes off. Matt prefers western hot dogs but still manages to devour the hot dog which is topped with a light mayonnaise and seaweed.



I didn't order a black sesame latte this time but I also recommend you ordering this in sweet. It's so delicious and warming.


Summary: I recommend all the soft serves and Matt highly recommends the parfait! That matcha and akura strawberry was foodgasmic! 

A must try if you are a fan of Asian flavours. If you head over to Oh Matcha! at an odd time then you can skip the queues, otherwise have some patience as it's worth the wait. 

Price: $4+ depending on what you order


Location: Shop 1, Regent Place Arcade, 501 George st, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 9:30am to 10pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am to 10pm



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.


Oh! Matcha Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am very appreciated for this blog. It's a useful theme. It causes me especially to take care of certain issues. Its chance is so awesome andEnd of lease cleaning | End of lease cleaning Sydney | End of lease cleaning services Sydney working style so quick. I figure it might help every one of you.

    ReplyDelete