Wednesday 28 August 2019

Visit the South Coast! Part 8 - Berry Produce Markets and Berry Sourdough Bakery and Cafe


So if you time your visit to Berry - You can also check out the Berry Produce Markets that are on twice a month. There's already a lot to check in the charming Shoalhaven region. Have you seen my other adventures ? Check out Part 1-7 Here. Thanks to Destination NSW for introducing me to all these amazing places.



The Berry Produce Markets are held twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Week of the month. It's a small boutique - style market that's located behind the newsagency on queen st. 

The internet tells me there are also the Berry Farmer's Market which are held every Thursday 2pm to 5pm until October and then 3pm to 6pm when day light savings returns at the Berry Showground. Check their website as there are some dates where the produce markets are not on due to other events at the Berry Showground.



I potter around looking at the fresh fruit, vegetables, nice smelling soaps and other products. There's only a few stalls  at the Berry Produce Markets so I also stroll down the other streets of Berry and notice this really cute dog.






My random walking means I also stop by the berry tea shop and browse all their unique teas. I'm terribly tempted to sit down with a piece of cake and tea but I hold my urges in and move on. One of my fellow foodies buys some of the tea to take home to Sydney. 










For brunch, I head to the Berry Sourdough Bakery and Cafe.  The first thing you will see are all the treats and bread available at the bakery. Matt makes a point of telling me that he is definitely getting a treat after breakfast.







There's a few foodies that are wanting their coffee hit and I need my chai latte hit. So we all order some drinks while we look at the menu. There's a good spread of traditional breakfasts and there's a few dishes that I take a second look at like the scrambled eggs with house made kim chi and chipolatas. I really like that they provide a produce list so you know where all the food comes from.






I sip on my chai latte and the vanilla tones relax me into the morning. Matt goes for his hot chocolate which always gives a sugary rush. Matt ends up ordering the scrambled eggs with house made kim chi and chipolatas ($22). The scrambled eggs look quite silky smooth and Matt enjoys the chipolata sausages. Fun Fact - the Chipolata seems to have a disputed origin - French or Italian. Matt enjoys this hearty breakfast.





I also eye off one of the breakfasts next to me - the Eggs Benedict ($19) with smoked ham and hollandaise sauce. The ham looks like freshly carved ham and looks quite thick in texture. I also see a twinge of food jealousy from Matt.  I order the Omelette Du Barry ($20) with cauliflower thermidor (a classic cheese sauce) with avocado and pickled enshallots. The omelette is also served on a piece of sourdough bread. This is another rustic cafe favourite.



As anticipated, Matt heads to get a treat for himself. He ges the pear and chocolate tart ($5.80). I sneak a quick bite and enjoy the sweetness of the pear with the slightly bitter chocolate in a hard crust. Nice one!

Summary: Berry Sourdough Cafe is a nice cafe serving up hearty breakfasts and seems to be a local favourite. Stop by and make sure you also get a treat from the bakery (they also have bakery on the main strip of Berry).

Price: Breakfast dishes $15-22


Location: 23 Prince Alfred st, Berry


Opening Hours: 

Open Daily 8am to 3pm.



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Berry Sourdough Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Annangrove
    End of lease cleaning Allawah
    End of lease cleaning

    ReplyDelete