Saturday 17 August 2019

Visit the South Coast! Part 4 - The Treat Factory and Dairy Bar, Berry


I head to the Dairy Bar and the Treat factory in Berry. This is a cute little spot that not too far from the Berry grounds where the South Coast Food and Wine Festival will be held 14-15 September 2019.
I've been to the Dairy Bar and Treat Factory before but revisit again with some friends from Destination NSW and some fellow foodies I know. The Dairy Bar is described as "an udderly delicious" milk bar cafe. I couldn't help but chuckle when I read that on their website.

The Dairy Bar has a variety of gelato, sundaes, milkshakes that are made from the local milk and cream. Did you know the local South Coast Dairy milk is award winning? It's always nice to know our Australian produce is amazing.


We are treated to a Gelato Talk and taste. This includes an insight from the staff on the production of gelato, tastings, and a small cup of gelato  (Cost is $4.50 per person, minimum group of 10 people and you have to book at least 24 hours beforehand). 

The Dairy Bar was built in 1895 and was the first factory in NSW to adopt pasteurization of cream for the manufacture of butter. How fascinating. I listen to the Gelato Talk with some awe and there are old photos being passed around. 



With all the history behind the Dairy Bar, there's a hint of cheeky with the wall mural and signs like this "Cattle Only Beyond this Point". The gelato is creamy and slowly releases that sugar hit into my system.






If you happen to love the Cow, you'll also see a number of cute little decorative statues, cow ornaments and gifts you can purchase. Inside the Dairy Bar, you will see more information about the families that were part of the history among the decorative heads of cows.









If you're hungry, there's also some cafe treats to accompany your gelato as well. I have other lunch plans but I have a quick look anyway. 

  




 Right next store to the Dairy Bar is the Treat Factory. Now be ready for your inner child to come out as you enter the Treat Factory. I basically see wall to wall of 

  • Sweets - chocolate, nougat, hard boiled candy, soft sweets, boxed candy, individual chocolate pieces
  • Tea
  • Preserves, Jams, 
  • Sauces for pasta or curries
  • Herbs and Spices
  • At the back, there's also a gourmet food section








 I basically feel over stimulated looking at everything and I'm not sure where to start. I can see people's eyes are wide open as they are looking around at all the sweets. Some Australian Animal chocolates catch my eye and in particular the Caramel Hedgehog.

I can see Matt walking around strolling and picking up nostalgic pieces of chocolate or candy.




 The group of foodies I am with, start picking out jars of jam, preserves, packets of candy and gourmet foods like black garlic to purchase. Matt also picks out a few things to buy, I surrender to the experience and start sampling some nougat and chocolate. What a real treat! My inner child has escaped.




 So I hope that all my photos capture the wide variety of hand made products that the Treat Factory has to offer. It's sensory overload. It's only a short walk away from the main strip of Berry.

Be sure to check out all the other great things you can do in Shoalhaven by looking at Part 1-3 of my adventures.








The Dairy Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. The blogs are really appreciable and one can trust the knowledge and information provided in the writing.The article you do produce on a weekly base
    really the best. I have found a similar website gelato factory outlet sydney visit the site to know more about

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have discussed an interesting topic that everybody should know. Very well explained with examples. I have found a similar
    website buy ice cream wholesale visit the site to know more about gelatosales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this article for the well-looked into substance and phenomenal wording. I got so associated with this End of lease cleaning Manly | Bond cleaning Western suburbs | End of lease House cleaning | Bond cleaning Potts point that I couldn't quit perusing. I am dazzled with your work and expertise. Much thanks to you to such an extent. Respects,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to depict it, Significant data shared. I am glad to examine this article. Appreciative for giving us and enchanting information. Brilliant Bond cleaning Bondi junction | End of lease cleaning Neutral bay | Bond cleaning Neutral bay stroll around. I regard this post.

    ReplyDelete